top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If the Trustee avoids a transaction to pay off debts, do you still get discharged?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If the Trustee avoids a transaction to pay off debts, do you still get discharged?

This is a spin-off of a previous post of mine concerning an investment/custodian account that was transferred out of my husband's name within the last four years and thus is within the look-back period.

If the Trustee undoes this transfer, and the money goes back into my husband's name, what happens to our bankruptcy? Does the Trustee just pay off the creditors with the balance and then the remaining debt is discharged? Or does this affect our income/assets and ability to file Ch. 7? Like, now that we have all this money (which was never really ours - see other post if interested), are we no longer eligible for Ch. 7, and whatever debt is leftover is still ours? I'm imagining we still get discharged, but I just started second-guessing things.

Yes. you still get a discharge unless a motion is filed to deny you a discharge, which is rare.

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X