Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Surrendered Vehicle

About 2 years ago I filed chapter 13, I surrendered 2 vehicles one of which they came and picked up. The other vehicle is still sitting in the garage. I’ve made phone calls and they informed me they (synchrony) would not come and pick it up until I complete my bankruptcy which is still 3 years away and they will only do so after I submit a letter to them to come pick it up. I let the registration and insurance go since I never planned on driving it. Well today I decided to tag it $1100 later it is tagged. My question is what are the chances of them coming to get it?

As time progresses, the vehicle becomes less valuable, not more valuable. If it wasn't worthwhile to the lender to pick it up 2 years ago, they probably aren't coming for it at all. You can probably keep the car, and drive it until the wheels fall off, at which time you will have to try to get rid of it without clear title.

Comment

I guess part of me wonders why they would want or need a letter from me to come get it. I surrendered it, I’m not inclined to write them a letter, it’s a pleasure vehicle with just over a 1,000 miles on it. I’d just assume keep it if a phone call wasn’t good enough.

Comment

When the wheels do fall off I’ll have it towed to their parking lot

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X