• Time
  • Show
Clear All

BOA ride through, problems now

Filing: 4/10/2009, 341: 5/18/2009
    Last day for objections: 7/17/2009
    Discharge: 7/29/2009

Originally posted by kvangild View Post
    Any other words of advice or things to make sure to do before redemption? (Truck is already cleaned out and just trying to cover my butt)

Thanks in advance
    For question 3, do you mean "surrender" rather than redemption? If you are planning to surrender, just call the BK dept and tell them you want to make arrangements for an orderly return of the vehicle. Don't call them until you have another vehicle lined up! It may take them a while to notice that you have not paid yet.

Once you have officially returned the vehicle, cancel your insurance as of the return date. If you are looking to cancel the insurance before the due date, then return the vehicle prior to that date.

When I surrendered my car in BK, the lender made arrangements right away to pick it up. I did not want it picked up at my home, so I had them pick it up at a neutral third party location. It was picked up on the arranged date, but I have seen other posters have difficulty with their lenders in getting the vehicle. You won't know until you make the arrangements.
    Filed CH 7 9/30/2008
    Discharged Jan 5, 2009! Closed Jan 18, 2009

I am not an attorney. None of my advice is legal advice in any way..

Comment

Startingover08,

Yes, I meant surrender.
      Filing: 4/10/2009, 341: 5/18/2009
      Last day for objections: 7/17/2009
      Discharge: 7/29/2009

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X