No announcement yet.

Repo and assault on my mom!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree with you completely. The entire case becomes a "he said/she said" and considering the repo man is there to repo a vehicle, that automatically weighs the scales on his side.

There would be little to no way to prove the story.
    8-07-09-filed Chapter 7
    11-18-09-DISCHARGED!!

Life is not what challenges you face, but how you face those challenges.

Comment

Ehh I'm not to sure about that. If this guy behaves this way when he repo's items. More than likely he's done it in the past. Besides he should of never had the garage door openers on him in the first place. My boyfriend never hand delivered items that were in vehicles to the owner of said item. They were allowed to come to the location where the vehicle had been towed and retrieve the items themselves. Repo men aren't pizza delivery guys.

He can claim he was there to return her garage door opener all he wants(something no repo guy ever does). He had no problem ditching her in a shopping center to repo the truck. So why the "concern" about getting her garage door openers back.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackdog View Post
        Ehh I'm not to sure about that. If this guy behaves this way when he repo's items. More than likely he's done it in the past. Besides he should of never had the garage door openers on him in the first place. My boyfriend never hand delivered items that were in vehicles to the owner of said item. They were allowed to come to the location where the vehicle had been towed and retrieve the items themselves. Repo men aren't pizza delivery guys.

He can claim he was there to return her garage door opener all he wants(something no repo guy ever does). He had no problem ditching her in a shopping center to repo the truck. So why the "concern" about getting her garage door openers back.
        You make a good point, but I was just saying what
        he could say...he could also say he never opened
        the garage door, or say the door was already open...

if he knows he could go to jail for doing these things, then
        he really has nothing to loose by lying if there are no witnesses
        to say otherwise...

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by dscurlock View Post
            as for the heart-attack, it was bound to happen, either on one stress event or another.
            I dont think her cardiologist would agree. I believe the docs advice was to limit anxiety and stress.

Comment

You are going to find it impossible to find any attorney to help you.
              Our fenced in yard was broken in to, our dog drugged, and my son's vehicle repoed from our yard during the middle of the night. He does not live with us and had parked it there after it was broken into at his home. He was using it for storing his business equipment and records. He was in a dispute with the loan co, he can prove he paid the loan off over a year ago. My spouse suffers from post traumatic stress syndrome. (Had we awakened we would have shot first and asked questions later.) He relapsed over this and is on more meds. The police were no help. We thought it was stolen until the police confirmed that it was repoed and refused to take a report. We have seen 3 different attorneys, all of whom will not pursue a case against the repo co for trespassing or drugging our dog. In SC the repo man has free reign to do any thing they please with no legal consequences!! It is a matter of time before we will be reading about someone shooting the trespassers during the night.
              My son is pursuing a case against them(the loan co and the repo company) for illegally repoing his vehicle. The police would not take an auto theft report from him because they say it was repoed even tho he can prove he actually owns the vehicle free and clear.

Comment

That is what a 1911 45 cal. is for.

Comment

Wow, buffy. Sorry. Was the dog okay? People who abuse animals should be....well, bad things.

When I get an update I'll post the news.

Comment

Originally posted by buffy View Post
                    It is a matter of time before we will be reading about someone shooting the trespassers during the night.
                    That's perfectly legal in Texas. You are supposed to shout a fair warning, and the sheriff really prefers if you aim for the kneecaps and don't shoot to kill... but you're still allowed to defend your property here.

Comment

Originally posted by tigergem View Post
                      That's perfectly legal in Texas. You are supposed to shout a fair warning, and the sheriff really prefers if you aim for the kneecaps and don't shoot to kill... but you're still allowed to defend your property here.
                      Florida's the same. I don't know about the warning shot but if someone's on your property and you fear for your safety. Shoot first ask questions later. It used to be they had to be pretty much inside your house, but with all the home invasions this state has they changed the law a few years ago. We have a gun not loaded tho. Lots of burglaries and a few home invasions here a couple of burglaries have been on our street. We also have four very large dogs. Break in my house you're pretty much dog food. Dogs are great alarm systems. I had a teenager knock on door a few months ago just to ask for money. Not selling anything just knocks on my door and asks for money. The male Mastiff was only one loose in house and he did not like this kid. He was trying to get out the door. Something they never do if it's a pizza delivery guy or someone who has reason to be at my door. Kid started backing up when he saw the Bullmastiff trying to get out the door. He's my baby. Loves everyone, everything but he's a great judge of character and the way he was acting that day surprised even me. He was doing this low rumble growl trying to get in between me and the kid. Not even a week later the lady across the streets house was broken into.

Comment

If your mom is a member of AARP - they may be able to assist with legal guidance. It has been several years ago, but I had an elderly friend that was physically taken advantage of and they had a legal network that had lower fees (I think it was like 20% of whatever the award was). I guess it may be worth a phone call to check out.

I hope your mom recovers from the heart attack and post traumatic stress of the situation.

Comment

Wow

Dear DSCURLOCK,

Occasionally I am baffled by the responses on the blogs I find randomly. You take the award for the most aggrivating. Your obviously in the repo industry, which in my opinion is the lowest form of profession, even below drug dealer. What you do is illegal under the laws of this country but allowed because our countries liberties are circling the toilet bowl. Your rights under the uniform commercial code to repo a vehicle do not supercede the constitution of the united states written by our founding fathers. Every repo involves a trespass, conversion, and usually assault. In my opinion your a rapist, just by other means.

That repo guy is lucky that was not my family cause he would be at the bottom of my lake in a barrel full of concrete. No question, no discussion, just dead. I would wait six months or a year to make sure he pisses off a few hundred more people as to not make it obvious it was me. I would not get caught because repo people have hundreds if not thousands of people that have actually considered killing them.

You can only get away with things immorral for short time, cause a good man scorned to bad intentions will eventually break and make justice for himself through his right to bear arms and hide behind those same evidentiary lackings to get off on killing you.

Comment

This really isn't the place to be a critic of someone's profession. As with every profession, there are those that play by the rules and others that don't. The work that someone does for a living doesn't define who they are. It is not the repo or debt collectors that got us in the situation we are in. In this economy, some have to take whatever work they can find.

The information some of those who have worked in the professions we dislike so much can be helpful and provide an insight.

Comment

People look at repo people as being part of the lower level of the food chain.

The police generally look at debtors as being lower on the food chain.
                              Golden Jubilee was a year-long celebration held every 50 years in which all bondmen were freed, mortgaged lands were restored to the original owners, and land was left fallow: Lev. 25:8-17

Comment

To big john, nerves

Yes you are correct people do look at repo as lower form of life and police look at debtor as lower forms of life. These days police officers view themselves above everyone though dont they? Police these days are just weak minded individuals that want to repair their broken ego by making others feel lower than them. I want to make it clear that I completey respect any and all honorable police that follow the same laws they arrest others for. Everything is just one sided now.

To nerves:

critisize someones profession huh? They sneak in the night, trespass on private property, creep around peoples homes with children in them, harrass them on their own land, then sell the vehicles to their buddys under the table for less than half of the vehicles true market value. Am I wrong? Under the constitution that would be justifyable homicide. You threaten a man and his family on his property you get shot, so be it. That used to be the american way. You have the right to defend yourself. Now you go to prison for defending yourself. Its ok to committ crimes so long as someone owes you money or your big business and the cops agree usually?

Exactly what is their not to critisize. That isnt a profession, its a profession if shoplifting could be considered one. In this economy I would do anything to make a buck and support my family but not sell my soul to do so. I am laid off now from GM and run out of sub pay, on employment which is ending this month. I actually had the opportunity to be a repo agent and turned it town. In the end you still have to answer to god for your actions. They profit off the misery and destruction of others. Theirs an extra warm place in hell for those people. Can and should are entiirely two different things.

Remember we have courts? A bank can take you to court and have a judge order you to surrender the vehicle, if you resist its contempt, a crime. No anarchy or chaos involved, just simple judicial process. No feelings of anger or violation after the fact. Just sick that a person could not meet their responsibilities themselves, and have only themselves to blame.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X