Will they work with me? Repo question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will they work with me? Repo question

We are going to be filing a chapter 7 soon. We are 2 months behind on our car but I have been making payments every month for over a year now, I am just unable to get caught up and they are unwilling to do an extension for me.

Would they even consider to work with me if I reaffirm with them? I am not upside down and I do like my car, even if it is an 7 years old.

Thanks

It's not possible to know with the information you have provided so far in your post.
    Who is the creditor? Some of them are more accomodating than others and will work with you on the reaffirmation agreement.

How much is the car worth (current value)? How much do you owe?
    Filed CH 7 9/30/2008
    Discharged Jan 5, 2009! Closed Jan 18, 2009

I am not an attorney. None of my advice is legal advice in any way..

Comment

Originally posted by StartingOver08 View Post
      It's not possible to know with the information you have provided so far in your post.
      Who is the creditor? Some of them are more accomodating than others and will work with you on the reaffirmation agreement.

How much is the car worth (current value)? How much do you owe?
      Creditor is Citizens Auto Finance (out of Rhode Island)

I owe about $7,000 and the car is worth probably between 8k and 9k on a good day. Lots of dents and some rust, needs tires and a brake job, etc.

Comment

They will not move for relief due to the balance, but they will look to pick up the car after the discharge if the payments are past due. They will not give any modifications or deferrals on this. Bottom line is if you want to keep the car you have to keep up on the payments. If the balance were a tad higher they would move for relief immediately.

Comment

There is no way to know without talking with them. Many institutions have a department that deals with bankruptcy. When I filed I was 1 month behind, almost 2. I called and they agreed to lower the payment and advance the loan a month to get me current, provided I reaffirmed.

My lender was a local credit union.
          Case Closed > 2/08/2010

Comment

Originally posted by BobMango View Post
            There is no way to know without talking with them. Many institutions have a department that deals with bankruptcy. When I filed I was 1 month behind, almost 2. I called and they agreed to lower the payment and advance the loan a month to get me current, provided I reaffirmed.

My lender was a local credit union.
            In this case you do know. What I said is right 100% accurate.

Comment

Originally posted by Brazzy View Post
              In this case you do know. What I said is right 100% accurate.
              Fair enough, if someone has experience/knowledge with this lender I'll defer to them. I was just sharing my situation and how I was able to work with my lender.
              Case Closed > 2/08/2010

Comment

I only know how this creditor operates. Cannot speak on behalf of any other.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X