Car...not wanting to be repo'd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car...not wanting to be repo'd

We are in the middle of filing for our CH13, and are planning to keep both vehicles, need both of them to go to/from work. The one is older and we are under water but had been current on payts; lawyer told us what to/not to pay & so I have listened. We missed the 1 payt & are finalizing things on Wed but DH is very worried that they will come try to repo his car. What is a timeline? Should we be worried? I went on what the lawyer told me & that it would be paid within the BK, it would be secured so they would get the full amt. The credit union (who holds the title) knows we are filing, so I would assume they know they are getting the $ for that but not the full amount on the cc we owed with them; so my worry is they will still try to get the car.

Originally posted by julsmom View Post
    We are in the middle of filing for our CH13, and are planning to keep both vehicles, need both of them to go to/from work. The one is older and we are under water but had been current on payts; lawyer told us what to/not to pay & so I have listened. We missed the 1 payt & are finalizing things on Wed but DH is very worried that they will come try to repo his car. What is a timeline? Should we be worried? I went on what the lawyer told me & that it would be paid within the BK, it would be secured so they would get the full amt. The credit union (who holds the title) knows we are filing, so I would assume they know they are getting the $ for that but not the full amount on the cc we owed with them; so my worry is they will still try to get the car.
    Do a search on this site for cross col-lateralization. There are many good threads about credit unions and secured & unsecured loans and what they do.
    Filed Chapter 13 02/2006 - Confirmed 05/2006 - Discharged 09/2011
    I'm not an attorney. My replies are merely suggestions or observations, not legal advice. As always, consult with an attorney before making any decisions.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X