Select Comfort - Sleep Number Bed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Select Comfort - Sleep Number Bed

My husband and I bought this bed for about $3000 on store credit card December 2009. At the time of the purchase, we qualified for no payments and zero interest for a year. We are ending up needing to file bk w/in the next month or so.

I guess the chances of this being repoed is extremely high right?

I can't answer your question but I would love to know how you like the bed (is it worth the price)

Comment

Originally posted by Scooprack View Post
      My husband and I bought this bed for about $3000 on store credit card December 2009. At the time of the purchase, we qualified for no payments and zero interest for a year. We are ending up needing to file bk w/in the next month or so.

I guess the chances of this being repoed is extremely high right?
      I am not sure being 7 months out, but why would they repo a bed, yuck!
      LOL

Comment

Originally posted by ugghh View Post
        i can't answer your question but i would love to know how you like the bed (is it worth the price)

love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mrskal View Post
          I am not sure being 7 months out, but why would they repo a bed, yuck!
          LOL
          I hope they feel the same way and don't want it back. *biting fingernails*

Comment

I dont see them repo'ing the bed, but possibly they will make you pay for it in the bankruptcy. I am not to keen on timelines as I only have CC debt, and I have not charged anything in over 18 months. So I have not paid attention to any of that. So, have you made any payments?

Comment

Just because they gave you no payments and no interest for a year does not change anything, in particular, it is no sign of any fraudulent intent.

More than likely you'll get the usual "Best Buy" scenario, where your lawyer gets a threatening letter from their "rent a hack" lawyer.

These letters are best filed in a round receptacle.

P.S. I had one of those sleep number beds in a hotel once, seemed like it was just a variable amount of air pressure in a bladder under the mattress. Maybe I'm wrong though.
              filed chapter 13..confirmed...converted to chapter 7...DISCHARGED!

Comment

Originally posted by mrskal View Post
                I dont see them repo'ing the bed, but possibly they will make you pay for it in the bankruptcy. I am not to keen on timelines as I only have CC debt, and I have not charged anything in over 18 months. So I have not paid attention to any of that. So, have you made any payments?
                We haven't made any payments yet. We were wanting to pay for it even though we are going to be filing bk, but a couple deals my husband was working on fell through (he's a realtor). We also have a baby on the way, so there is no money to be spared at the moment.

Comment

They might actually push pretty hard for a reaffirmation agreement. There is some risk since you have made NO payments.

Comment

Just curious who the creditor is, for this store card.

Please keep us updated on this as it progresses, it sounds like a good one.

I view this like a bowflex or other overpriced crap scenario, the creditor goes into this with their eyes open, the debtor did nothing wrong. If anything the creditor encourages the debtor to get in over their head with these no payments for a year deals, so they're just reaping what they've sown. It's a form of predatory lending/contributory negligence.

Comment

Stand firm and do not reaffirm this. Once the mattress left the store and was used, it became worthless.

How many "used mattress stores" do you see around? Regardless of the condition, it's used and has little to no value anymore.

Tell them to come and get it if anything is said.
                      All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
                      Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

Originally posted by frogger View Post
                        Stand firm and do not reaffirm this. Once the mattress left the store and was used, it became worthless.

How many "used mattress stores" do you see around? Regardless of the condition, it's used and has little to no value anymore.

I agree, you need to call the bluff, but be prepared for the 1/99 chance that it is not a bluff. I have never heard it with mattresses, but I have heard of a few instances (we are talking a few instances, nationwide), where a recent purchase of a high end TV was taken back when the debtor did not reaffirm.

Comment

Originally posted by frogger View Post

There's always the good will store lol. (EEEEEEEEWWW!)

Comment

FS: one sleep number bed. condition: used - soiled. best offer.
                            call GE Money Bank.

Comment

If the rare thing happens and they want to come get this bed, simply tell them that the dog soiled it and you want it out of there anyhow as it is stinking up the room. They would probably think twice about the repo. Also, the news the other day was talking about Bed Bugs and their come-back. So you might want to throw a comment about them as well. ROFL!!

"Come and get this dog pee'd, bed-bug infested thing!" The mover's might even be afraid to get near it!!

I seriously can not see it having any value.
                              8-07-09-filed Chapter 7
                              11-18-09-DISCHARGED!!

Life is not what challenges you face, but how you face those challenges.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X