No announcement yet.

Middle of the Night Repo and Personal Property

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I finally heard from the Virginia Board of Towing and Recovery Operators. There are no laws or regulations permitting or forbidding the fee, since the operator "posts" it they can charge it.

But the operator is now saying they never meant to demand return of the key. Since the fee is a wash with the fee for replacing my parking tag, I'll pay it.

But Toyota will have to ask nicely and reimburse me my costs if they want the key...
    Chapter 7 Filed 8/11/2009, Discharged 11/23/2009

Comment

I would play dumb and just say the key is missing.

If they want your $25 they can figure out a way to break into the car (if they haven't already) and probably damage the car further.
      filed chapter 13..confirmed...converted to chapter 7...DISCHARGED!

Comment

No real surprise, the GPS is gone and towing company claims "there was none". Filed police report, officer wasn't at all surprised when I told him which company was involved.
        Chapter 7 Filed 8/11/2009, Discharged 11/23/2009

Comment

All I can speak from is here in Michigan.. Personal Property Fee's are legal along with a per day storage of it, if they wanna charge it. When you do go to pick up you property you will not even see the car and you will have to sign a paper releasing them from all claims unless you state it right there on the paperwork what is missing or damaged.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X