Citifinancial Just Sold My Loan To.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Citifinancial Just Sold My Loan To.....

Santander!!!! Am I screwed? Citifinancial was going to try and lower my month payment permantley after I made my last payment this month. Then yesterday I got a letter from Citifinancial stating that my loan was sold to Santander. I have heard nothing but bad things about this company. My monthly payment is 598 and I can not afford this payment and I was hoping Citifinancial could help me. Now that the loan is sold I don't think Santander will help me. Should I just go ahead and file bankruptcy? The car loan of 25K is the only real debt I have because my credit cards bills are under 1000. Help please!!!!

If you really can't afford the car payment any more, you could contact Santander and inform them you will be voluntarily surrendering the car. Once they have possession, they'll sell it and bill you for the difference between your loan amount and what they received for the sale.

At that point, you'll have to get some inexpensive transportation that you can afford. If you can't pay Santander for the balance you still owe them, you may have to meet with a bankruptcy attorney to see what your options are. Good luck!
    Filed Chapter 7 July 2010
    Attended 341 September 2010
    Discharged November 2010 Closed November 2010

Comment

I too had a auto loan with Citifinancial Auto and now it goes to Santander. Santander is not like Citi at all. They will not work with you. I mean they told my husband they dont do extensions or things like that. I feel Citi should have kept that department.

Comment

Yeah me too.... This was an awful move!!! I see a lot of repos for them....

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X