Car Repo Confusion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car Repo Confusion

I filed Ch.7 back in late Sept. Had 341 meeting 2 weeks ago and it's postponed to
    11/23 so I can get additional paperwork. My wife&I remember stating to our attorney we wanted to keep our 1 car. We were behind on it and owed about 120 days payments on it. They said they would add it as an exemption and the bank could not repo it while I'm in bankruptcy. BUT they did,yesterday. Called atty.and he told me to call the bank which I did. Bank claims it was not on SOI and they were given a relief of stay,if I understood that correctly?? So now attorney states matter of factly,"well human errors happen, but let me see what I can do". He's calling bank today and said they had no right to take it and he does not see where the bank filed a lift of the stay(or something like that). Said also he's planning to file a petition to convert us to Ch.13 and therefore the bank has to give the car back. I really like our attorney,but now I'm concerned does he know what he's doing. I know we take responsibility for our own actions, but I paid good money to an attorney who came recommended and put my faith in him. Have I lost my car?

Here are your answers from yesteday

Comment

Thank you. I only posted here as this thread was specifically designed for repossession.

Comment

As per forum rules, please post one question one time. Preferably in the right forum the first time. It gets confusing and repetitive to us who try to help others.
        If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

No problem, I thought maybe you just could not find your other thread.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X