What if?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What if?

What if there is a Mexican guy (possibly illegal) living in your basement and one day you come home from work and your tempur pedic bed, zero gravity massage chair, and brand new furniture is missing along with Jose and you owe the creditors thousands of dollars, would the creditors need a police report or is that a domestic issue and police report can't be filed? Jose is unlocatable because his ID was fake and most likely that's not even his real name so he can't be sued by the people he was living with. Only the furniture was a secured loan, will creditors attempt repossession? The creditors are Wells Fargo and Great American Financial.

yes, you will need the police report to show creditors that you no longer have the those items. the creditors will however expect you to continue paying on them.

Comment

With that type of "what if" question, my only questions are "what is" your state of mind and "what are" your intentions. That type of "what if" question is going to lead you into a world of hurt.

TRUSTEES ARE NOT STUPID
      All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
      Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

As if

Comment

Originally posted by consumer View Post
          What if there is a Mexican guy (possibly illegal) living in your basement and one day you come home from work and your tempur pedic bed, zero gravity massage chair, and brand new furniture is missing along with Jose and you owe the creditors thousands of dollars, would the creditors need a police report or is that a domestic issue and police report can't be filed? Jose is unlocatable because his ID was fake and most likely that's not even his real name so he can't be sued by the people he was living with. Only the furniture was a secured loan, will creditors attempt repossession? The creditors are Wells Fargo and Great American Financial.
          Wow and Jose did all this in the three hours from when you posted the following??

I just got a tempur pedic adjustable bed through Well's Fargo, I hope they don't take mine (there is a 90 day trial period)! I won't be able to make any payments either, thanks for the bedbugs heads up. Aren't there some mattresses that are bedbug proof?
          He did some speedy work to remove all of that furniture out from under your nose.
          ~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~
          Not an attorney - just an opinionated woman.

Comment

Originally posted by ValleYum View Post
            Wow and Jose did all this in the three hours from when you posted the following??

He did some speedy work to remove all of that furniture out from under your nose.
            I'm sorry ValleYum, it's just not funny anymore. Too many creditors must have gone potty in froggers corn flakes.

You know, I've noticed a lot of alcohol avatars and drug related names here, is there a link between financial problems with drinking and RX drugs? Just saying, I should have called myself Alprazolam or something. Maybe I would have been more accepted and not condescended, as if I don't get enough of that from the creditors that call.

Comment

I'm sorry ValleYum, it's just not funny anymore. Too many creditors must have gone potty in froggers corn flakes.

You know, I've noticed a lot of alcohol avatars and drug related names here, is there a link between financial problems with drinking and RX drugs? Just saying, I should have called myself Alprazolam or something. Maybe I would have been more accepted and not condescended, as if I don't get enough of that from the creditors that call.

I don't understand the above bolded comment at all. Who or what is not funny? Who or what is frogger?

I do have more issues than TV Guide, but drugs and alcohol are not among them. I was racking my brain trying to think of a different s/n than I usually use as I moderate on another type of forum and Valium was something my hubby jokingly threatened me with if I didn't calm the heck down. LOL!! If anything, I think having had this s/n made me have to fight harder to be taken seriously.

I simply remarked on 2 VERY different scenarios that you posted within 3 hours regarding one TempurPedic mattress. :shrug: It just seemed odd. I am sorry if you feel I condescended <sic> you.

The one thing I have noticed on this forum is that the folks here will help you as long as you are trying to help yourself and/or you are not trying to commit any type of fraud or criminal activity. If anyone thinks you are not on the up and up or that you haven't thought through the ramifications of a decision you are making - they will flat call you on it. I don't think that qualifies as condescension.

So how did you like the mattress? Everyone I know that has had a TempurPedic either 100% loves it or 100% hates it.

I used to let the creditors get to me, too, until I read a help wanted ad for customer service (ha!) at a collection agency. It stated in all caps that pre-employment credit checks would *not* be done on applicants - merely criminal history! It made me remember that the person calling me could be in worse shape financially than I was.

No matter what you think I think of you, if you are filing for BK I wish you well.
              ~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~
              Not an attorney - just an opinionated woman.

Comment

Only the furniture was a secured loan, will creditors attempt repossession? The creditors are Wells Fargo and Great American Financial.
                As others have said, it's better to be honest about it. It's not worth risking the discharge of all your debt just to save some used furniture. Especially since you don't have to lie to keep your stuff. They just don't come for it.

Your first post may have rubbed people the wrong way. It suggests deception and fraud and that's against forum rules. It's not so much a matter of judging you personally, as it is a desire to follow the rules we all agreed to follow when we joined. This is a just a guess on my part.

Also, the illegal Mexican thief may have come across as offensive and racist to some people. Again, just a guess.

I'm not saying you meant it that way, but that's how it might have been interpreted. Doesn't mean you wouldn't be welcomed on other threads, new topics, etc.
                There are two secrets for success in life:
                1.) Never tell everything you know.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X