Question about car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about car

If you are current on your car and filing chapter 7 next week and dumping the car in bankruptcy, when does the bank come and get it. Right after they received notice of the bankruptcy or after your discharge?

Originally posted by DYLAN150 View Post
    If you are current on your car and filing chapter 7 next week and dumping the car in bankruptcy, when does the bank come and get it. Right after they received notice of the bankruptcy or after your discharge?
    Usually after about three delinquent payments. Then about three months of harping on you. Now you can "pay through" and keep the car even in bk, but if you wish to dump it, cooperate with them.

Some companies will not allow a pay through but then, they lose. Best of luck. 'Hub
    If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

It is after discharge. I got my letter from my bank 2 months after my discharge. The strange thing though was that I was current with payments, and made no late payments...but I guess they want their car back. ok.

Comment

I'm in California, but my lawyer just told me today that they cannot come and get it for 60 days after you file. After 60 days, all bets are off, and they can come get it. So, I'm going to call them on day 59 and set up a place to drop it off. I don't want them to show up on my doorstep.
        --------------------------------------------
        As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler; solitude will not be solitude, poverty will not be poverty, nor weakness weakness. ~Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Dylan

If you are current, don't you want to keep the car? If not, why stay current on the payments?

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X