Furniture Discharged Through American General

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Furniture Discharged Through American General

My discharge was in Oct 2010. Here it is Feb 2011 and Global company is calling me on behalf of American General Finance. I know it is because they want there furniture back because AGF said they would be in contact with me to pick up the furniture. Here I have moved and its been 4 months not expecting them to call since its a new year and 4 months later. I just have bedroom furniture dresser and 2 end tables. Not worth much its been scratched. Should I call them back? If I do nothing what will happen? Its only worth about 100..I will make sure the dogs piss all over it if they want it back.

Tell them the dogs already have and you've been hoping they'd just come get it to save you the disposal fees at the local dump. It's pretty standard practice for them to give you a call and threaten to come get the furniture. What they are really hoping is that you'll say, "Will you just take a cash settlement?" Let them eat dirt
    Filed pro se, made it through the 341, discharged, Closed!!!

Comment

Its not a big deal if they have it but I don't want to be sleeping on the floor. So silly they want to fight. They did not show up at the 411 meeting. I think it may have been mentioned if I was willing to surrender furniture in 411 meeting which I didnt think they would. The furniture is 3 years old.

Comment

American General is one of the meanest companies you can be involved with.

Send them a copy of your Discharge Order and tell them that their debt has been discharged, and that they are violating Federal Law by bothering you. (This was included in your BK was it not?). Your DO should have the applicable law somewhere on it; quote that when you write your 'cease and desist' letter.

Send a courtesy copy of your letter, and the Discharge order to your trustee. Keep copies for yourself. Make sure the envelope that goes to American General is Certified mail with return receipt. When that signed green card comes back to you, put it in the file you will be making for 'American General'.

If they keep this up, contact your attorney, if you used one, and turn copies of your file to him/her. Some attorneys LOVE going after creditors that violate the Permanent Injunction.

Good luck! Let us know how it goes...
        "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Yes it is included in the discharge. I did not reaffirm their debt. I did however tell them they could have it back before it was discharged. But now it is discharged and it has been 4 months I don't see how they are right to it. My discharge just says I am granted a discharge and creditors can be in violation with contacting me. I hate having this stress can I just ignore their calls and see if I get something in the mail? I couldn't make out the number to contact the woman she was speaking the number really fast.

Comment

This debt has probably been sold to a Debt Collection Agency. Yes, you can ignore the phone calls and wait for something to appear in the mail, then respond to that. Realize that as the debt keeps being sold, this may happen over and over again. It is called 'zombie debt.'

Comment

I looked it up and its a trucking company. They want to schedule a time and date to pick up the furniture. So my debt isn't being sold..

Comment

The trucking company CAN be the buyer. They are called Repo Agents. Get your paperwork up and off tomorrow first thing. Good luck.

Comment

Oh I see. Thanks for the reply. This is all so complicated.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X