Repo with a clean title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Repo with a clean title

my boat got repo'd with me owing a balance on it to the bank. However, I have a legitimate, lien free title in CA.

Went to the dmv just to pay for a title report. No lien. I'm the sole owner.

Is possession 9/10ths of the law in this circumstance?

Yes somewhat. Check the loan papers and see how they secured the loan. If they didnt put a lien on the title see if thhey filed a UCC, otherwise you may have a case. Is BK anywhere in this situation?
    Disclaimer: I am not an actor on TV, but I play a BK Paralegal in real life. Nothing I say should be construed as legal advice, or really anything but entertainment. Please seek out professional help.

Comment

Originally posted by BKParalegal View Post
      Yes somewhat. Check the loan papers and see how they secured the loan. If they didnt put a lien on the title see if thhey filed a UCC, otherwise you may have a case. Is BK anywhere in this situation?
      Yes, we filed 7 two years ago. this loan was included with NO reafirmation. However, we kept paying the note so they let us keep the collateral up to now. Mom got sick, i had to do other things with money and i got 2 months behind on boat. They came to get it. I verified with the DMV just two weeks ago that my title is infact, legit, clean, and has no lien on it.

I do think they filed a UCC somewhere but maybe they didn't perfect it in my state???? should I use this title to try to get it back? Did not want to loose the boat.. I realize I'm the opposite of most people in my shoes. Because of the 7 being discharged, i won't be held liable for the huge defficiency.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X