Santander USA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by collateral View Post
    They will show up in the middle of the night to repossess it.
    Yes they will. My loan originated with Santander almost 3 years ago, and I filed my 13 to retain my car. I was 2 payments behind at the time of filing, and 2 days before I paid my filing fee, they showed up at 4am to pick up the car. No notice, no call to warn, nothing.

My attorney told me that was common practice of them, and that he has seen some clients that have moved and changed their mailing address to a po box or ups store mailing address buy themselves some time before the repo so they could get a new ride.
    Ch 7 filed 8/15/11 341 9/22/11 Discharge 11/28/11
    The rebuilding begins

Comment

Posting another update. We are now approaching 4 months past our discharge, the truck is in the open, and we still have it. We finally had to call Suntrust to have them come get our broekn down PT Cruiser, and they had it picked up within 3 hours of the telephone call. However, not a peep from Santander. We keep driving...
      Ch 13 0% unsecured Filed 04/10.....Converted to Ch 7 11/10 ....
      341 meeting 1/6/11.....Letter of No Distribution 1/7/11 .....Discharge....3/11/11

Comment

amazing Jville...

When doing a little research online about that company, they had been notorious for being quick to repo. Maybe they are so backlogged with defaults they cant keep up lol
        The rebuilding begins

Comment

I'm wondering something... Originally we filed a Ch 13, then had it converted to a Ch 7. Would the change in filing have confused their systems? We are in the process of repairing our credit, and our credit reoprts show that Santander is reporting "Paying as Agreed" on all of mine and my wife's reports. Odd...
          341 meeting 1/6/11.....Letter of No Distribution 1/7/11 .....Discharge....3/11/11

Comment

Update as of 7/18...

Santander reposessed the TrailBlazer last night, a typical nighttime repo. We woke up this morning, and it was gone. Tell-tale signs were the tire tracks on the dirt at the end of the driveway, and the scrape marks on the driveway.

I'm not complaining, we did get to drive a perfectly nice SUV for 4 months after discharge, which appears to be virtually unheard of...

Comment

I had Santander. They came for the car a month after I was discharged. Funny, they're not on my credit report as IIB. All the better, less negatives for me. Go figure. It's been 8 months now.
              Filed August 20 341 on September 23 Report of No Distribution - September 24 Case Discharged and Closed on November 23!!!

Comment

They did continue to report paying as agreed for myself as well
                The rebuilding begins

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X