Long Term Car Rental?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Long Term Car Rental?

If I need to give up my car, I am considering a long-term rental until my CH7 is resolved.

Anyone have any sources on good rental deals? I'm seeing online about $600/month, but prefer less if possible.

If there is a better way to have wheels during this mess, let me know. Lawyer says to avoid having equity in a car that can attract the trustees attention.

thanks

They won't take your car during your chapter 7. They'll take it after your case is discharged. You still have time to save some money and buy a cheap used car instead of wasting your money renting.
    Filed August 20 341 on September 23 Report of No Distribution - September 24 Case Discharged and Closed on November 23!!!

Comment

Originally posted by drowning123 View Post
      They won't take your car during your chapter 7. They'll take it after your case is discharged. You still have time to save some money and buy a cheap used car instead of wasting your money renting.
      My lawyer says he will wait about 60 days before filing, so technically I do not have a CH7 filing yet...and I do not think the CU will wait 60 more days before they repo, unless I can successfully negotiate. My lawyer's asst says a CU will repo after being 2-3 mos late and I am thre now.

Comment

Originally posted by MBeach222 View Post
        My lawyer says he will wait about 60 days before filing, so technically I do not have a CH7 filing yet...and I do not think the CU will wait 60 more days before they repo, unless I can successfully negotiate. My lawyer's asst says a CU will repo after being 2-3 mos late and I am thre now.
        Hello again 'Beach: There are literally thousands of used cars here in FL. Purchase a nice used car 1K to 3K here in FL. Do this from an individual who may have the service history available. Here in FL only a 1K exemption is allowed so pick up a beater or, and good used one. The determination of the value of a paid car is usually listed as in Kelly blue book or NADA. Since you are in BK7, you can eek out a beater for a length of time. 'Hub
        If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Thanks, Hub.
          Filed August 20 341 on September 23 Report of No Distribution - September 24 Case Discharged and Closed on November 23!!!

Comment

Originally posted by AngelinaCatHub View Post
            Hello again 'Beach: There are literally thousands of used cars here in FL. Purchase a nice used car 1K to 3K here in FL. Do this from an individual who may have the service history available. Here in FL only a 1K exemption is allowed so pick up a beater or, and good used one. The determination of the value of a paid car is usually listed as in Kelly blue book or NADA. Since you are in BK7, you can eek out a beater for a length of time. 'Hub
            Yes, I know, your idea makes sense. Thanks. I am hoping to avoid repo. I like the car and its worth keeping if I can reaffirm the loan. I also admit there is emotional stigma when friends and neighbors ask me what happened to my car? I know this is purely emotional, but privacy is a major issue for me.

The CU has a group dedicated to BK, so I am hoping for sanity there.

Their Options Are:

1. Repo: they get a 9 yr-old car with 100k miles to deal with, and my car loan goes onto my CH7 debt heap.

2. Reaffirm: they get a continuing monthly payment without fail.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X