top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what happens after bank recieves judgement against my company?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what happens after bank recieves judgement against my company?

More than likely the bank will prevail against me, the judgement will be for more than the assets of the corp. Is it immediate and how much information/cooperation do I need to expect to give?

Originally posted by howtoplan View Post
    More than likely the bank will prevail against me, the judgement will be for more than the assets of the corp. Is it immediate and how much information/cooperation do I need to expect to give?
    I don't have enough information to help you. I am making a couple of assumptions, please correct me if I am wrong:

1) I am assuming that you either have filed personal CH 7 BK or will file personal Ch 7 BK
    2) The corporation is a S-Corp or LLC
    3) The corporation is owned by you, you are the only member of the corp.

If the corp owes the bank and the corp has defaulted, then if you have a personal guarantee (which is typical), the bank can come after you for the funds. If you do not have a personal guarantee, but you own the corp. The bank can get a judgement against the corp and sieze any funds in any bank account just like a regular judgement. I believe that if you have filed personal BK and this debt has been discharged, the bank can not come after you personally for it after discharge. But you would want to confirm this with your attorney and with your BK attorney as to the effect of a judgement against your corp.
    Filed CH 7 9/30/2008
    Discharged Jan 5, 2009! Closed Jan 18, 2009

I am not an attorney. None of my advice is legal advice in any way..

Comment

Business collection, especially if the business has some assets, and the creditor gets a judgment, usually happens very quickly. We are talking about a matter of weeks, not months; but your mileage may vary.

Comment

What kind of assets does your business have?
        All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
        Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X