top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will former business investors find out about my filing personal bankruptcy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will former business investors find out about my filing personal bankruptcy?

I'm really fearful that if I file personal BK, that former investors will find out. You're supposed to list all your business partners/investors for the last six years in the Statement of Financial Affairs. I am scared that even though we dissolved the company last year that these former investors will find out.

The company was a c-corp incorporated in Delaware. The company ran out of money and was dissolved last year. I along with the remaining 3 employees were dismissed in August. The company was dissolved by the investors in December. I have been on unemployment since September and am considering filing BK, ideally Ch 7. I have hired an attorney.

Will they get contacted by the trustee or creditors?

To add further complication, I am trying to restart the company and need to work with the former investor in order to retain rights to the intellectual property associated with the company. I also just found out that the company is listed as "active" in CA even though it was dissolved in Delaware.

I had one attorney tell me to not list the company since it was dissolved and had no assets.

Would appreciate advice. My attorney has told me I am over thinking it and not to worry. We have "discussed" via email but not yet had a chance to speak about it in person. I am concerned that she may lack experience with my type of case. She said she deals with small business BK's all the time. I am trying to get informed as possible and have found this a great source of information. I have been posting in the General BK section but another member suggested I check out the Small Business section.

Thank you

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X