irs levied my customers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

irs levied my customers

The irs has sent all my customers a levy notice saying they need to pay the irs instead of me? isnt this against the privacy act? not only that, how did they obtain a customer list from me if i never gave them one?

what should i say or do to the irs agent i have been working with?

Nope, not against the privacy act. Owing people money is not confidential information, IN ANY WAY. They can do what they did.

As for the information, not sure how they go it. What sort of industry are you in, do your customers issue 1099's at the end of the year for money paid?

The agent you have been working with is the one who did this. If he/she levied your customers, what that really means is you have NOT BEEN working WITH the agent

Options:
    -Bend over and take it, they got you.
    -Get an attorney to help you start sorting out the mess.

Comment

HHM

I havew been in and out of the hosptial. I had 2 strokes within 2 months. Brain surgery in sept 09.

She needs to cool down.

I was to have her information last week and i was unable to get the information to her, this must be what happened?

how do i get her to release the levy on my customers? how does she expect for me to pay the irs if they are taking our customers payments?

The thing is she sent it to a & b not a 'n' b. they are 2 seperate companies. So k & k is no longer in business. so techinically, they do not have to send the money to her, since she used the wrong company name and wrong mailing address for the new company. Correct?

The a & b has and entity id
      The a 'n' b has an entity id.

We do not 1099 none of our customers, nor do they do to us.

Comment

Well, you can request a hardship release of Levy.

But I think it is time you pony-up and get an attorney to help you. Sounds like you are in over your head and with your medical issues don't have the time to deal with this anyway.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X