Bookkeeping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bookkeeping

Filing Chapter 7. Stopped paying credit cards in March 2010. Have LLC. Once I stopped paying the cards I stopped listing the interest as an expense because I knew I wouldn't be paying the cards and now the result is that it appears I am making more money. I don't know if I should continue to list the interest expense as, technically until I'm dismissed, I still owe that money. If I do list it shows my business as having a greater loss (which I want). I don't know what to do legally...
    Filed Chapter 7 on Friday the 13th!, 341 9/10/10 . TT's report of no distribution 9/13/10 DAMN STRAIGHT! Case Closed! 11/19/10 "Our long national nightmare is over".

Originally posted by Anon View Post
    Filing Chapter 7. Stopped paying credit cards in March 2010. Have LLC. Once I stopped paying the cards I stopped listing the interest as an expense because I knew I wouldn't be paying the cards and now the result is that it appears I am making more money. I don't know if I should continue to list the interest expense as, technically until I'm dismissed, I still owe that money. If I do list it shows my business as having a greater loss (which I want). I don't know what to do legally...
    In a normal bk filing you don't list the credit card payments as part of your expenses. I would imagine since you haven't been making payments that interest accrued since you stopped couldn't possibly be considered an expense now.
    Filed Chapter 13 02/2006 - Confirmed 05/2006 - Discharged 09/2011
    I'm not an attorney. My replies are merely suggestions or observations, not legal advice. As always, consult with an attorney before making any decisions.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X