top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will I ever be able to form another LLC after I file for personal BK?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will I ever be able to form another LLC after I file for personal BK?

I want to dissolve my LLC, but it has an outstanding debt balance that I cannot pay. To my understanding, you cannot dissolve an LLC in CA that has outstanding debt, which means each year there will be another $800 in minimum taxes added to my LLC, which I can't pay.

I am planning to file for personal Bankruptcy Ch 7 in a couple of months, which won't erase my business debt.

Q1) What are my options to dissolve my LLC & its debt? File for business BK after I file for personal BK? And how much would it cost?

Q2) If I were not able to dissolve my LLC, would I ever be able to form a new LLC in the future after my bankruptcy filing?

Thank you in advance.

I know that if you file for a personal bankruptcy you will never be able (or it would be very difficult) to become a board member of a publicly traded company, but as far as those other matters I wouldn't think you wouldn't have a problem.

Look at Donald Trump, you think that he will never be able to open up a LLC...he's filed bankruptcy a few times.

Comment

Hi! So, did you ever figure this out? Hope it all worked out for you!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X