My friend is now considering filing but had a question so I thought I would ask for him.

He said he was over paid unemployment benefits over a year ago and owes the state about $700. They were only asking him to pay $50 a month but can he put this in as a creditor? Will it affect him in the future if he has to claim unemployment again or will they make him pay it back before they give him the option?

Thanks everyone!