top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does it ever make sense to quit working?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doesn't cost a penny to consult with an attorney. Unless you know already who you are going to use? I talked with a few. I thought these guy/gal is smart we'll go with them, duh and NO we are not. Find your attorney now and pay when you are ready. But pick smart!

Comment

Sorry I did not fully read all of the replies but do you have kids? If you do maybe you can go around town if they need daycare and find the most expensive ones and say you had to quit because you had very little of your check left after paying a new daycare and had to stay home. Or that the kid(s) are having problems and need a parent home, or that your job is causing you emotional distress.

Comment

Originally posted by BobMango View Post
        I'd say that's actually not a long time to go without paying. It was 8 months after I stopped paying before I received a summons. I really think you'll be ok if you are planning on filing in Feb/Mar.
        I agree with you, but am not willing to take the chance that we would be one of the "lucky" few that get sued right away. I know the likelyhood is probably slim but these jitters are hard to overcome. I'm sure so many of the people here know what I mean. That first step has got to be a doozy.
        Filed Chapter 7 April 29th, 2010
        341 June 1st, 2010
        Report of No Distribution June 2nd, 2010
        Discharged and Closed 8/10/2010

Comment

I was laid off in January of last year from a high income job, and did not look for another job. I filed chapter 7 after waiting six months for my income to drop off of my lookback period. In your case since the job is a part time job, I really don't see a problem with quitting it.

I stopped paying on a few credit cards a year before filing, some six months before filing, and a few 3 months before filing.

I applied to graduate school and made plans to become a full time student

I collected unemployment insurance until my graduate fellowship began in September. The unemployment insurance counted as income on both my means test and my schedule.

I was discharged of all debt but my student loans last week.
          You can't take a picture of this. It's already gone. ~~Nate, Six Feet Under

Comment

Does it make sense? It might. Never rule out any possibility.

Make the best business decision for you and your family.
            All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
            Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X