Filing for bankruptcy, Unemployment status

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Filing for bankruptcy, Unemployment status

I plan on filing for bankruptcy this month, and have been unemployed since October. I have been looking for a job, but can't find one.

Does being unemployed hurt you in a bankruptcy case?
    At my previous place of employment I was there for 3 1/2 years, had a managment problem, and quit. Now I'm planning on going back to school and getting a part time job as soon as I can find one.

Any info you can give me would be great, Thanks!

No, being unemployed is no problem (unless there is a debt you have to reaffirm, like a car payment in order to keep the car).

Comment

GoldenGirly82,

You're good-to-go! File away!

Good Luck!
      The information provided is not, and should not be considered legal advice. All information provided is only informational and should be verified by a law practioner whenever possible. When confronted with legal issues contact an experienced attorney in your state who specializes in the area of law most directly called into question by your particular situation.

Comment

Ok thank you guys so much! I was worried about filling out the forms because I look like a lazy person with no job. I thought they would be like, GET A JOB and PAY OFF YOUR DEBT!!!

I have tried that for 3 years, my interest rates are so high that even if I pay more then minimum due, the balance actually gets HIGHER and they have all now gone over the limit which is automatically like $25.00 a month. It's sickening. They have been over the limit for about 2 years now like that.

I'm now ready to file with confidence thanks to your answers!!!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X