May Qualify In NY and not NJ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

May Qualify In NY and not NJ

I was working 2 full time jobs for a period of time. In early February I resigned from Job "A" as a NJ employee. I continued to work Job "B" in NY and was laid off March 19.

I filed in NJ but now have a review scheduled to determine if I am eligable for benefits. In NJ, my understanding is you have to work 8 weeks with a different employer after you voluntarily resign from a job to not be disqualified. I worked six weeks passed the date I resigned from job "A" when I was laid off from job "B".

My question is: if NJ denies and/or disqulaifies my claim based on not working 8 weeks passed my resignationfrom job "A", can I file a claim in NY where the requirement is 5 weeks? I would have done this initially but was unaware NJ changed to a more restricitve policy recently.

Thank you!

I am surprised that you have any kind of chance to qualify for unemployment in NJ at all. In Florida, if you voluntarily resign from a job, you have no chance at all for unemployment, likewise if you are fired from your job. Here, you have to be unemployed, or underemployed, "through no fault of your own."

I hope it works out for you...
    "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X