Banks and consumers brace for new credit card rules

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Banks and consumers brace for new credit card rules

The Federal Reserve is to vote on credit card reforms that may bring some relief to customers who face a variety of ways for being hit with late fees, universal defaults, shorter payment periods and confusing payment allocations for different balances.

$45K Auto
    $80K Credit Cards
    $720K Real Estate
    Filing Ch. 7 March 2009

I hope this passes. It's been necessary for along time and I think it would help reduce bankruptcy filings and perhaps prevent a credit card meltdown.

Comment

Originally posted by hereforinfo View Post
      I hope this passes. It's been necessary for along time and I think it would help reduce bankruptcy filings and perhaps prevent a credit card meltdown.

Me too. Do you see what Citi is doing? They are losing money, they got a bailout from TARP (from me and you and future generations). Now they are raising their credit card rates. They just don't get it do they. They will make a few dollars more on a few and bankrupt a lot of their card holders that otherwise wouldn't need to file and will cry for more tarp money later.

I tell ya I never agreed with the dems but the "pro-regulation" dems in congress need to regulate this industry. The big banks defy all logic.
      The essence of freedom is the proper limitation of Government

Comment

Banks, Energy and Healthcare all need to be regulated in my opinion. I'd rather pay some taxes and hopefully have some kind of safty net then be thrown to the wolves when these idustries lose their economic minds.

Comment

One of the sleaziest fees that should be gotten rid of is the "Express Payment" fee that requires customers to pay almost $15 if they want to pay online ON the due date and have the payment posted/reflected ON the due date.

Comment

That's just as bad as the cable company charging you extra to pay in person.

Comment

Teco charges $2.95 to pay your gas bill online...
              Filed Oct 2005discharged February 2007,Shapeless in the fire's glow, tell me if you think you know,
              Who it was we were below, where we've been and where we go

Comment

Originally posted by banca rotta View Post

I tell ya I never agreed with the dems but the "pro-regulation" dems in congress need to regulate this industry. The big banks defy all logic.

They regulate it better only because they turn around and take it from you in taxes.

There is a no win situation with the 2 party system in control.

Comment

Originally posted by Willy13 View Post
                  That's just as bad as the cable company charging you extra to pay in person.
                  Oh yah. I recall that stuff. One place charges you 2% if you pay in person & another place charges you 2% if you do a debit by phone. Another place charges 2% if you use a credit card.

Just be prepared that when you pay for anything, you get charged something extra for paying.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X