Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"New Jersey Housewives" star files BK, owes $11m, earns $79k/year

June 5, 2010

Spendaholic 'Housewife of NJ' owes a big-hair-raising $11MYet, in bankruptcy papers, Teresa and Joe claim to spend just $400 a month on clothes.

On a recent "Real Housewives" episode, Teresa boasted that she dropped "a fortune" on daughter Gia's televised 9th birthday party. The child got an all-terrain vehicle, along with a trip to a spa in a pink stretch limo for her and her friends.

Joe, who "owns several successful businesses throughout New Jersey," according to his wife's Bravo bio, owes more than $5 million, including debts to former partners associated with his Section 8 real-estate deals.

In court papers, Joe, who owns a stucco and stone company, lists his monthly income as $3,250; Teresa pulls down $3,333 a month for her Bravo gig. The couple gets another $10,000 in "monthly assistance from family members."

Behind the bankruptcy filing
    She has a gaudy new mansion, pricey breast implants and spends thousands of dollars on shopping sprees for her spoiled brats — but a New Jersey reality star and her goombah hubby are real-lif…
    Filed Chapter 7 July 2010
    Attended 341 September 2010
    Discharged November 2010 Closed November 2010

Holy Moly about the article...sounds like the couple needs years of financial/debt management classes due to their enormous amount of debt and they filing for BK.
    Chapter 13 filer since Feb. 2018 under a 60 months payment plan
    Please think positive and do not give up!

Comment

I have watched that series in the past. That woman built the UGLIEST mansion on the planet....ugly even for New Jersey. It looks like a Days Inn hotel with some trees in front.
      She bragged about how she designed it and there wasn't a another one like it...cracked me up!

Comment

this is crazy, i watched this show last year and you would think that there was no problems with the thousand of dollars she was throwing a round.

Comment

She's Nuts!!

What was funny to me was when she was having the mansion built and she said she just couldn't live in a house where others had lived. She said it was "disgusting". Yet, she would stay in hotels where many,many,many people had stayed. Woman is nuts!!

Comment

OK my question is how did they get this much money to borrow when they don't clear 80K on a good day! I opened my Nordstrom account 15 years ago. I got a 1K limit. I make three times what I made then, and still have the same limit! Then again I think the highest I ever went on it was 800 or so...maybe they figured I did not need more.

We know what will happen in this case...somehow they will weasel into a CH 7 and get a fresh start, get brand new credit cards and mortgage lines and car loans, lather, rinse, repeat in a few years....
            First consult: You go now, no CH 7 for you. You spent entire buffet. 13 has a 95 percent payback. (Owwwch) On to next consult....

Comment

I briefly looked at the filings and it seems like he was making 500K a year back in the day. I noticed they were under the median for NJ and a family of six. I wonder as a business owner if the husband didn't take on any projects for the lookback so the income would look low.

They filed in Oct, I wonder if the UST had a field day with them or if they slid by...

Comment

Originally posted by ForumReader View Post
                Holy Moly about the article...sounds like the couple needs years of financial/debt management classes due to their enormous amount of debt and they filing for BK.
                Wow - I agree! But I also have to wonder what kind of "classes" these banks need to have given them so much credit --- 4 mortgages on multiple houses, etc????
                Filed Ch 7 -- July 9, 2008
                341 mtg ---- August 14, 2008
                Discharged ---- October 17, 2008
                Closed --------- December 11, 2009!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X