No announcement yet.

How Debt Can Destroy a Budding Relationship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Student loans are now worse than credit cards. Ramsey was talking about college tuitions today on his show and was discussing the difference between private and public and the price difference. Private schools cost 10x more and but you don't make 10x more money and not worth the money.
    Filed Ch 7 8/12/10
    341 Meeting 9/15/10
    Discharged 11/15/10

Comment

Originally posted by ironpirate View Post
      Student loans are now worse than credit cards. Ramsey was talking about college tuitions today on his show and was discussing the difference between private and public and the price difference. Private schools cost 10x more and but you don't make 10x more money and not worth the money.
      Say what?

That's the silliest reason I ever heard... are you sure that's what Ramsey said? the guy isn't that dumb, I know that for sure.

A private school can cost 10x and be more than justified if it provides even just a 20% increase in wages... to give an example, say your private school tuition cost $200,000 instead of $20,000. You then went into the workforce, starting with a $50,000/year salary (reasonable for anyone coming out of a good private college with a useful degree). If your private school degree gives you a 20% bump, you will be making $60K that first year. Of course, as you progress in your career, this gap will continue to increase as well. You'd make back your extra tuition cost in 5-10 years, and the rest is pure gravy.

Comment

I think bankruptcy here is just one issue, the bottomline is a relationship should be solid enough to handle and accept each other's shortcomings. Being in debt should not be a main reason why you would call of an engagement, that is so unacceptable.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X