Reloadable Prepaid Debit Cards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reloadable Prepaid Debit Cards

I recently applied for an Amex Serve card to purchase airline tickets and last night read some articles that says these are garnishable. Is this true?

I recently had thousands garnished from my checking account so no longer use a bank account. I also do not use credit cards.

I have to purchase to the tune of about $2500 but am now scared to put money in it in case it is frozen immediately. For this particular purpose I HAVE to use a card and I need to make the purchase.

Here is the link I read:

http://www.**********.com/blog/prepa...-be-garnished/

I would be putting funds on it one day and using it the using it all the next day but still I am leary. I need it for airline tickets the airlines don't take cash.

Any suggestions?

I have had four debit cards for years. I spread my cash around to minimize risk. Have yet to hear about one prepaid/debit card being seized. According to the article, the average balance is $100.00, which would be a poor risk/reward ratio.

Originally posted by spearmint View Post
    I recently applied for an Amex Serve card to purchase airline tickets and last night read some articles that says these are garnishable. Is this true?

I recently had thousands garnished from my checking account so no longer use a bank account. I also do not use credit cards.

I have to purchase to the tune of about $2500 but am now scared to put money in it in case it is frozen immediately. For this particular purpose I HAVE to use a card and I need to make the purchase.

Here is the link I read:

http://www.**********.com/blog/prepa...-be-garnished/

I would be putting funds on it one day and using it the using it all the next day but still I am leary. I need it for airline tickets the airlines don't take cash.

Any suggestions?

Comment

spearmint : Go through a travel agent. They typically will accept cash.
      ~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~
      Not an attorney - just an opinionated woman.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X