top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Received a credit card even though my credit is horrible.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Received a credit card even though my credit is horrible.

I had been in a Chapter 13 situation that was cancelled, and because of some judgments will have to eventually file Chapter 7. Meanwhile, my credit rating is practically non existent. About a year ago I was finally able to get a very small balance credit card after paying a $95 fee. I wanted it so I could rent cars. Eventually they raised the balance to $500 after good payment history, but I've never been able to get any other card giving me any substantial amount of credit.

Then I received something from Chase bank, who I have been banking with for several years, with an "invitation number." I was sure I would be declined, but I went through the motions online anyway, and was surprised that I was approved for more than $3k.

I don't see how it's possible that they would give me that kind of credit considering my situation and worry that maybe it's a mistake and they will take the card back.

I then received another offer from Chase for a different card and applied for that one online as well, but was not given an approval for the second card, just a statement that they needed more time to evaluate my application.

I am hoping that in making the second application I did not jeopardize my card that was approved, but on the other hand, I was just following up on the information that they sent to me.

Anyway, does it make sense that Chase would give me a credit card in spite of my poor credit situation? Did they do that based on my relationship with them and deposit history, etc.? Or could it be a mistake?

Originally posted by brokenomore View Post
    does it make sense that Chase would give me a credit card in spite of my poor credit situation? Did they do that based on my relationship with them and deposit history, etc.? Or could it be a mistake?
    You say that you will 'eventually have to file Chapter 7', have you?

Some credit card companies will go after people who have already filed and their case has been completed, as they can't file for another 10 years. Therefore, it's much easier to collect from you. If you don't pay, they'll garnish your wages, and you have no 'bankruptcy' to fall back on.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X