Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tax return stuck..

So, I filed my tax return the moment my W2 showed up, on 1/23/19. I fully understand that my trustee is entitled to 10 months worth of my tax return and I don't mind, I just want this thing behind me. I've called the IRS a couple times now, my refund is being held by the IRS because of the bankruptcy. I can't get them to send it to the trustee either, it's just sitting there. Is the trustee supposed to request it?

I let my attorney know, he said not to worry about it, but, that was over a month ago. My case is still open, so it's not like the trustee just decided not to take it. Bankruptcy discharged over a month ago and my tax return has been ready since 02/05 just sitting at IRS waiting. Is this pretty typical or should I be more proactive? I don't want to get in any trouble, but, don't want to rock the boat either if my trustee just doesn't care enough to request the money.

I don't think you'd get in any trouble, it's a good question, and it's your refund after all. Does the IRS say why the bankruptcy is holding things up?

Comment

Call the IRS Insolvency Department and ask the reason for the hold. It could just be because the bankruptcy is too "new" and they don't know what to do. Do you owe back taxes?
      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

I am not an attorney. Any advice provided is not legal advice.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X