Hello Everyone!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Everyone!!!

I'm new to this forum, and filed Chapter 13 bankruptcy a few months ago. I hope to better understand the who process so it goes as smoothly as possible. I thank all of you in advance for any help you may provide. Thank You!!!

Welcome! I highly recommend you read through all the material on this site if you want to better understand the process:

The training material on this site is intended to help pro bono programs, legal services programs, local bar associations, and other organizations provide high-quality trainings for volunteer attorneys on representing consumers in bankruptcy cases. This material is provided free of charge, subject to acceptance of the terms of use. We request that users review the terms of…

Comment

Welcome to BKForum.
      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Welcome and feel free to ask any questions. I wish you well on the journey! The first few months to a year were the toughest for us as we learned how to live on a lower budget. It's stress and scary and a taboo subject. For my husband and I it was really the best decision, though it's not a fun time at all, because we couldn't get out from under our debt. We have 100% payback plan, the plus to 100% plan is the payment can't go up higher. The downside was we had a very high payment which made it a struggle especially when the pandemic hit and I lost my second job. We can't complain my husband and I are essential workers so we kept working and he got a little overtime which wasn't as much as my second job, but it helped.

I don't like the fact we had to file BK13, but really it has saved us financially and we are paying 100% back. If we didn't file we would get deeper in debt because of all the interest and making big payments, but not getting ahead at least here we do a huge payment, but it is what it is and when it's done it's done. And some creditors didn't file which means we are ending in less than 5 yrs
        I am not an expert. I just share my experiences in the Wonderful Wacky World of Chapter 13! Filed 3-30-18 Confirmed 7-11-18 Discharged 6-8-22

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X