Facing the music in New Mexico

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Facing the music in New Mexico

Unfortunately, I have been here before - after divorce around the same time of the 2008 financial crisis. Made it through a challenging Chapter 13 and swore I'd never allow myself to get into that situation again.

But due to some combo of life stuff and my own choices, I am back.

In some ways, things feel even more complicated this time around - with a small solo business I have setup as an LLC, and actively making payments to the IRS (and will probably be doing so forever, it seems).

At the moment, my head is still above water, barely, but am pretty sure I'll be losing my job soon and don't have it in me to try to stay in the game such that I'll keep the same income level, and have no confidence that it would even work if I tried.

Ready (as I'll ever be) to just face the music and let the chips fall where they may. Getting older and just want a simpler life and trying to figure out how to get there.

With loss of income, Chapter 13 will likely not be an option, but also realize I'll have to wait it out before Chapter 7 becomes possible. So it's probably going to be a rough ride and a long haul. Thus the re-joining of the forum here for community and knowledge sharing... who knows, maybe I'll be able to offer some support to others, or at least be a non-judgmental listener

A few years back, I attempted to speak with a few attorneys about my situation, but they seemed to not grasp what I was seeking - which was legal advice and a plan for how to navigate this whole journey. How to best make it through the fall of the jenga tower, so to speak. I may try again now, or maybe I'll just have to wait a while longer until I am in a worse situation.

Haven't done my due diligence here at the forum yet by searching for answers to that dilemma but am very open to guidance and thoughts on how to try to get in front of the coming storm if at all possible.

Sorry for the long intro, but gotta start someplace.

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X