341 scheduling question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

341 scheduling question

We're about ready to file and plan on filing Oct 12. We're filing Pro-se since we decided that our attorney either wasn't worried about paying attention to our case or he knew less about the bankruptcy laws than we did.

My question is this:

I know that the 341 gets scheduled about 30 days from the time you file... but are you able to adjust that date if necessary?

My problem is that I have a couple of business trips that are pre-planned for right around the time that my 341 is most likely to be scheduled and I am REALLY hoping that we can adjust this date if it conflicts with my business trips.
    Filed Ch. 7 Pro-Se: 10/12/06
    341: 11/6/06 (went AMAZINGLY well!)
    Discharge: 1/12/07
    Closed:1/19/07

You are dealing with the Federal Govt, and Federal Court....... THEY DO NOT ADJUST their schedules to accommodate anyone........ your date will be within 30-45 days of your filing date.

If your not in the hospital, best be at the 341 meeting...... or your case can very easily be dismissed and then you can't file again for a while......
    Minny

"It's amazing the paths that our feet sometimes follow in life".

My suggestions are from "personal experience" and research only. Do not consider this as legal advice. Each bankruptcy case is different.

Comment

You might want to ask the clerk what the "standard" schedule is like--whether it's usually right at 4 weeks or more, etc. If she/he says its pretty standard, might want to time your filing based on the business trip.

But like Minny said, be there for the date they schedule--don't mess with the Feds. ;)
      *** THIS IS NOT LEGAL ADVICE--ONLY A LAWYER CAN PROVIDE THAT. ***

My posts represent hours of research on and off the web, these forums, my experience, and my opinions.

Comment

I just called the courts and they said that, once the 341 date was set, I could call the trustee if there was a conflict and work with them to move the date.
        Filed Ch. 7 Pro-Se: 10/12/06
        341: 11/6/06 (went AMAZINGLY well!)
        Discharge: 1/12/07
        Closed:1/19/07

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X