Some advice requested please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some advice requested please!

So Company A offered me a fantastic opportunity today, and I jumped on it.

However, Company B, after nearly six months of not hearing from them, but wanting to desperately work for them, called today out of the blue to let me know that they want to go forward with my employment with them. They have offered a much better salary, and other benefits than Company A that I just accepted an offer with today.

What do I do?

Do I have to stay with Company A simply because I took the job already, or is there a polite, and positive way to pursue this other position?

Any advice is greatly appreciated!
    BUSY running my own credit repair services! Sorry I don't stop in so often any more!

Have you started work at Company A yet...

If not, yes, you can politely decline the position...however, there are other factors to consider aside from salary when considering a job. How likely are the jobs going to be their a year from now, five years from now, work environment etc.

Even if you have started to work, unless your with a union or on some kind of contract, you are an at will employee...so you can leave whenever you want, and they can fire you whenever they want.

Just realize, you will probably be burning bridges at company A, so you should be very certain that the job with Company B will be right for you in both the long term and short term.

Comment

Originally posted by HHM View Post
      Have you started work at Company A yet...

If not, yes, you can politely decline the position...however, there are other factors to consider aside from salary when considering a job. How likely are the jobs going to be their a year from now, five years from now, work environment etc.

Even if you have started to work, unless your with a union or on some kind of contract, you are an at will employee...so you can leave whenever you want, and they can fire you whenever they want.

Just realize, you will probably be burning bridges at company A, so you should be very certain that the job with Company B will be right for you in both the long term and short term.

Company A, there is no chance for advancement, no chance for any sort of movement up in the ladder, and they told me that from day one. The guaranteed comfortable salary was what was prompting me to take that.

Company B is a national firm with offices all over the US, and they are growing by leaps and bounds all over the place. I will be doing what I love, and working with some really neat and diverse people.

I have not started work at Company A, and only accepted the position with them about 6 hours ago. The company I am currently with is near Bankruptcy, and it's only a matter of time before they close their doors.
      BUSY running my own credit repair services! Sorry I don't stop in so often any more!

Comment

Sounds like Company B is the way to go...Good Luck!

Comment

Originally posted by HHM View Post
          Sounds like Company B is the way to go...Good Luck!

Have any suggestions for a polite thanks, but no thanks letter or wording over the phone to the other company?

Comment

Just sit down and write a letter of thanks, or call them...... telling them that you have reconsidered their offer and at this time you think it's in your best interest to decline their offer. You can use, "after discovering there will be no room for promotions or advancement with their company" as an excuse, and "basically this is what you are looking for"....... Tell them after thinking about their offer and weighing the pros and cons of the position you wish to decline on the job offer. Thank them for their time and considering you for the position.

Be very business like and too the point......
            Minny

"It's amazing the paths that our feet sometimes follow in life".

My suggestions are from "personal experience" and research only. Do not consider this as legal advice. Each bankruptcy case is different.

Comment

Been There

I've been in that type of situation, I just wrote a letter to HR and told them .. "after giving the opportunity much thought, I'm withdrawing the offer of employment at this time .. blah blah blah," I don't think you need to give your reasons (unless you personally know someone in there).

Good Luck, Catchmeifyoucan
              July 2006: Filed Ch13 :blink:
              Oct 2006: Converted to Ch7 :clapping:
              Jan 2007: DISCHARGED :clapping:
              Nov 2007: CLOSED :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

Thanks all!

I am very excited.

I get to fly to California for two weeks for training, and fun!

I start in one month!

Comment

Sooooo, you went with Company B??????

Good Luck and have a blast in CA...
                  Minny

"It's amazing the paths that our feet sometimes follow in life".

My suggestions are from "personal experience" and research only. Do not consider this as legal advice. Each bankruptcy case is different.

Comment

Originally posted by tinroofrusted View Post
                    Thanks all!

I am very excited.

I get to fly to California for two weeks for training, and fun!

I start in one month!

WOOT!! Congrats
                    When it all boils down to it, its just numbers! Your credit score, your interest rate, your bank account, and your net worth if you're fortunate enough to have one......is your happiness really defined by numbers?

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X