No announcement yet.

Political Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

William Ayers is not a terrorist today and was not a terrorist when he first met Obama in 1993 as a Professor of Education serving on a charity foundation board where Obama was also a member.

Obama and Ayers served together for three years on the board of the Woods Fund of Chicago, an anti-poverty foundation established in 1941. Obama had joined the nine-member board in 1993, and had attended a dozen of the quarterly meetings together with Ayers in the three years up to 2002, when Obama left his position on the board,[1] which Ayers chaired for two years.[11] Laura S. Washington, chairwoman of the Woods Fund, said the small board had a collegial "friendly but businesslike" atmosphere, and met four times a year for a half-day, mostly to approve grants.[2] The two also appeared together on academic panel discussions, including a 1997 University of Chicago discussion on juvenile justice. They again appeared in 2002 at an academic panel co-sponsored by the Chicago Public Library.
    Ayers stopped his anti vietnam war activities in the early 1970's. The Weather Underground was a militant anti-war group that gained noteriety by targeting a few government offices and statues in the late 1960's and early 70's as protest to the vietnam war (another senseless war about religion and oil). The only people they blew up (or injured) were three of their own members during bomb making.

In 1970 he [Ayers] "went underground" with several associates after the Greenwich Village townhouse explosion, in which Weatherman member Ted Gold, Ayers' close friend Terry Robbins, and Ayers' girlfriend, Diana Oughton, were killed when a nail bomb (an anti-personnel device) they were assembling exploded. Kathy Boudin and Cathy Wilkerson survived the blast. Ayers was not facing criminal charges at the time, but the federal government later filed charges against him.[3]

Ayers participated in the bombings of New York City Police Headquarters in 1970, the United States Capitol building in 1971, and The Pentagon in 1972, as he noted in his 2001 book, Fugitive Days. Because of a water leak caused by the Pentagon bombing, aerial bombardments during the Vietnam War had to be halted for several days. Ayers writes:

Although the bomb that rocked the Pentagon was itsy-bitsy - weighing close to two pounds - it caused 'tens of thousands of dollars' of damage. The operation cost under $500, and no one was killed or even hurt. [14]

While underground, he and fellow member Bernardine Dohrn married, and the two remained fugitives together, changing identities, jobs and locations. By 1976 or 1977, with federal charges against both fugitives dropped due to prosecutorial misconduct (see COINTELPRO), Ayers was ready to turn himself in to authorities, but Dohrn remained reluctant until after she gave birth to two sons, one born in 1977, the other in 1980. "He was sweet and patient, as he always is, to let me come to my senses on my own", she later said.[3] The couple turned themselves in in 1980.
    He has obviously made something of his life since 1980, and first met Obama in 1993. Ayers is a respected educator and citizen in Chicago. Calling him a terrorist today and trying the guilt by association for Obama is just the usual Rebublican BS smearing they are so experienced at. Palin is the perfect robot to spread the lies. Maybe someone should investigate her husband's membership in anti-government cessation groups. If anyone should be suspected of having terrorist connections in this campaign it's winking "by golly" Sarah.

William Charles "Bill" Ayers (born 26 December 1944)[1] is an American elementary education theorist, and former leading 1960s militant. He is known for the radical nature of his activism in the 1960s and 1970s, as well as his current work in education reform, curriculum and instruction. In 1969 he cofounded the violent radical left organization Weatherman, which was active during the 1960s and 1970s. He is now a professor in the College of Education at the University of Illinois at Chicago, holding the honor of Distinguished Professor.
    Wikipedia covers most of the history right up to the present here - facts, not Republican smears.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Ayers

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Obama%E...rs_controversy
    Last edited by WhatMoney; 10-05-2008, 11:18 AM.
    “When fascism comes to America, it’ll be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross” — Sinclair Lewis

Comment

"Pastor Shepherd for President - Vote against Anti-Christs McCain and Obama"

Pastor Shepherd for President - Vote against Anti-Christs McCain and Obama
      http://www.prayerhour.com - Prayer Hour Online Ministry campaigns against the Obama Anti-Christ. Our country is afflicted by the Obama Anti-Christ and faith...

Comment

Palin did not call Obama a terrorist. Maybe he is not "palling around" currently with Ayers, but I believe Obama himself said they were "friendly", back during the primaries. Anyway, the evidence of a long term association is substantial enough that you wonder why the mainstream media does not even really investigate, rather makes excuses for him -- yet send an army of investigators to Alaska to try and find something - anything - to pin on Palin!

I am sorry, but most Obama followers don't even seem to question his associations - which are extremely questionable -- as to his judgment, and just what he actually believes.

Most of the media is totally in the tank for him. Why, I don't know. The media has always shown some liberal bias - most of my life, but this is BY FAR the MOST BLATANTLY BIASED "MAINSTREAM" MEDIA I have ever seen in my adult life! Journalism is supposed to present the facts - not interpret them for you. Its really sad.

Even if none of the alleged associations were true, the man simply does not have the experience to be President. He just doesn't. Maybe someday he would, but not now. Even his running mate said so, emphatically! How can people so blindly ignore that?

And where does all his foreign money come from? I think he is a puppet - don't you ever wonder whose?
        Last edited by PoorGrammyinBK7; 10-05-2008, 11:48 AM.
        Filed Ch 7 -- July 9, 2008
        341 mtg ---- August 14, 2008
        Discharged ---- October 17, 2008
        Closed --------- December 11, 2009!

Comment

LOL

McCain really screwed up picking Palin - there's still time for him to dump Plain and get Pastor Shepherd on his ticket.
          “When fascism comes to America, it’ll be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross” — Sinclair Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by WhatMoney View Post
            LOL

McCain really screwed up picking Palin - there's still time for him to dump Plain and get Pastor Shepherd on his ticket.
            Amen WhatMoney! Amen! Let's help Pastor Shepherd get elected and turn AirForce One into the Jesus Plane!

Palin: The Truth Exposed by Pastor Shepherd
            http://www.prayerhour.com - Prayer Hour Online Ministry investigative reports has uncovered a shocking truth about Alaskan Gov. Sarah Palin. When our online...

Jesus Plane
            Check out Our Feature Length Movie: http://bit.ly/g2K7zZ Prayer Hour Ministries

Comment

Grammy,

Using the not enough expereince argument. What would happen if McCain were elected and a few months later died? Then Palin would be the President, and would you be using that same argument?

It's the job of the President to surround themselves with expierenced and intelligent people.

I get frustrated when I hear that argument used for both Obama and Palin.
              Filed Chapter 13 05/23/08
              Converted to Chapter 7 Jan 2012
              Discharged April 2012

Comment

No, by golly, because Palin has the experience to lead. She is a quick study and can learn all the rest while in office just like JFK did.

Comment

Anyway, the evidence of a long term association is substantial enough that you wonder why the mainstream media does not even really investigate,
                  Investigate what? Obama's working with Ayers through the educational foundations in Chicago is well known and has been for many years. This is a real non-issue. So Obama was a friend with a fellow board member who is a Distinguished Professor of Education at the University of Chicago - who he met through the board meetings of several educational foundations. So what? And they even live in the same Hyde Park neighborhood - an upper class neighorhood of professionals and business executives in Chicago. So what? What's the problem with working with a recognized authority in education theory, if your foundation is chartered to provide educational grants to poor children? Where's the beef?

You should be more troubled about McCain's past associations with real crooks, felons, and thieves. But I guess the hillbillies and rednecks are just naturally suspicious of higher education - never trust someone smarter than you are - the rednecks motto.
                  Last edited by WhatMoney; 10-05-2008, 12:10 PM.

Comment

LOL

Obama really screwed up picking Biden, there is still some time for him to dump Biden and get Hillary, but, alas the Clintons are probably voting the McCain ticket.

Comment

Investigate what? Obama's working with Ayers through the educational foundations in Chicago is well known and has been for many years. This is a real non-issue. So Obama was a friend with a fellow board member who is a Distinguished Professor of Education at the University of Chicago - who he met through the board meetings of several educational foundations. So what? And they even live in the same Hyde Park neighborhood - an upper class neighorhood of professionals and business executives in Chicago. So what? What's the problem with working with a recognized authority in education theory, if your foundation is chartered to provide educational grants to poor children? Where's the beef?

You should be more troubled about McCain's past associations with real crooks, felons, and thieves. But I guess the hillibillies and rednecks are just naturally suspicious of higher education - never trust someone smarter than you are - the rednecks motto.
                      Actually, I am more troubled by voters like you who spew prejudice.

Comment

Not cool WhatMoney callin' me names...

Well, I tell ya, us hillbillies an' rednecks (an' girls) duz not like when a bombin' terrorist is a-teachin' at them thar colleges an' callin' his fer out thinkin' "educashun". NO sur, we duz not like it a bit. An' we duz not have respeckt fer his buddies neithur! 'Cuz we knows they ain' nothin' but a bunch a no-good revenuers! And we votes!
                        Last edited by PoorGrammyinBK7; 10-05-2008, 12:36 PM. Reason: spellin'
                        Filed Ch 7 -- July 9, 2008
                        341 mtg ---- August 14, 2008
                        Discharged ---- October 17, 2008
                        Closed --------- December 11, 2009!

Comment

And here I thought I was just complimenting the rednecks and their distaste for public education. Abolishing the Dept of Education and funding home schooling instead, where Creationism is the closest to science they will get - those are the aims of the right wingers aren't they? One thing for sure, the hillbillies have got their dream candidate in Sarah Palin. She'll have to work on the accent though - that Minnewegion accent of hers sound like some closet liberals I know. I even have some northern Wisconsin relatives who sound like her - but I wouldn't want any of them to be the VP, or (horrors) the POTUS.

Comment

again, obama

Hey, did anyone else see the news footage on Obama giving a speech, exposing "my deep Muslim, aah aah, Christian beliefs"?

Comment

Come on, I am not an Obama fan, but that was just a slip of the tongue.

They do this to all of the candidates. People need to stop watching Bill O'Reilly and Anderson Cooper, spin masters, and start reading to form their own opinions.

CNN and FOX are the worst things to ever happen to this country, besides the NY Times, of course.

Means nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by fltoo View Post
                                Come on, I am not an Obama fan, but that was just a slip of the tongue.

They do this to all of the candidates. People need to stop watching Bill O'Reilly and Anderson Cooper, spin masters, and start reading to form their own opinions.

CNN and FOX are the worst things to ever happen to this country, besides the NY Times, of course.

Means nothing.
                                CNN is ok, FOX is the propaganda network for the far right, and the NY Times is my cat's favorite cat box liner.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X