Political Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HRx View Post
    This is the topic that Americans, and the world hears, time and time again. A lot of which is derived from what the "our" media wants us to hear and believe. The basic mindset that has been implanted into the minds of many Non Arabs/Muslims, is that those, people are commiting suicide based attacks, bombings, etc...because of of thier religion. I kept asking myself, could this be true? Does the religion of Islam really suggest that it's believers/followers, die in the name of Islam, and harm innocent people, and kill themselves in support of Islam. This theory simply didn't make any sense to me. So I took it upon myself to research the writing, and preachings of the of Islam's holy book, the Koran. What did I find out?, Islam clearly states that suicide, murder, and harming innoccent people is forbidden!

The bottom line is, Americans and many, many other people simply associate Muslims/Islam with the Middleeast, Iraq, etc...it is true that the bulk of the worlds Muslim population reside in the Middle East. But the world should be told, and know that, the people that are killing, and exploding themselves and others, weren't didn't receive thier instructions for destruction from Islam, and or the Koran. It's all media hype to help garner support from the rest of the world, especially Americans. Miseducation, is a serious, and epidemic problem for us Americans.
    Thats why I said the "extremists", should have said the "extreme form of the religion" I guess. And thanks for the clarification. I have a few Muslim friends who said it is wrong, but I never checked for myself. But you're right, most of if not all of the extremists are brainwashed, hence the reasons their teachers hate the freedoms of a democracy.

But I'm curious, doesn't the Muslim religion teach that those who don't believe in them should be killed? One of my friends told me that it is worded just like that.
    When it all boils down to it, its just numbers! Your credit score, your interest rate, your bank account, and your net worth if you're fortunate enough to have one......is your happiness really defined by numbers?

Comment

Ours being a "volunteer force" at the present time is a great thing....... these men and women do thier job with pride!! Though in the future, I do not see many volunteering to go to war....... where WHO is the enemy?

Our men/women are now pulling 2 and 3 tours overseas in Iraq and Afgansitan..... YES, they are going to get TIRED............ YES, they are going to start wondering - Is this ever going to end??? And YES there are going to be deserters - who have had enough!!!

Will our young men and women KEEP VOLUNTEERING?? WHO KNOWS?

We start having more troubles with N. Korea, China, Iran....... our military will have to increase their ranks....... meaning the "draft" will be re-constructed again.....

Its time for changes in our Iraq policy......
      Minny

"It's amazing the paths that our feet sometimes follow in life".

My suggestions are from "personal experience" and research only. Do not consider this as legal advice. Each bankruptcy case is different.

Comment

I'm no expert on religion let alone Islam, but what I do know is that there's some sort of translation problem for a lack of better word in translating Arabic to English. As I understand it, the Arabic language doesn't have all the same English equivalents.

The miseducation part regarding the extremists should be made clear to the world....and that is, they are simply people who have thier own sick and twisted rebel cause, and that they are not getting thier instructions to kill from Islam.
        The information provided is not, and should not be considered legal advice. All information provided is only informational and should be verified by a law practioner whenever possible. When confronted with legal issues contact an experienced attorney in your state who specializes in the area of law most directly called into question by your particular situation.

Comment

I think we may have some worthwhile candidates for the next presidential election.
          The information provided is not, and should not be considered legal advice. All information provided is only informational and should be verified by a law practioner whenever possible. When confronted with legal issues contact an experienced attorney in your state who specializes in the area of law most directly called into question by your particular situation.

Comment

Should be a very interesting election................. everything is up for grabs.........
            Minny

"It's amazing the paths that our feet sometimes follow in life".

My suggestions are from "personal experience" and research only. Do not consider this as legal advice. Each bankruptcy case is different.

Comment

Originally posted by Minnymouth View Post
              Should be a very interesting election................. everything is up for grabs.........
              I'm looking forward to the next presidential elections! The U.S. and the world, is in desperate need of some leadership change. I think we're going to have a very stellar and interesting group of candidates for once, in a long while.

Comment

I'm voting for a straight democratic ticket next week. We definately need change. I'm not saying I like democrats more than republicans, I just feel the republican party is taking us down the wrong road and are fiscally irresponsible.

I really hate thinking that we live in the richest country in the world yet are in tremendous debt. I know the feeling personally (obviously)

As for dubya, I really hate how he takes our tax dollars and gives them to his buddies for contract work. NO-BID CONTRACTS SHOULD BE OUTLAWED IN THIS COUNTRY!

jetset adam from ohio
                SHERROD BROWN '06, TED STRICKLAND '06

Comment

I'd like to address two things.

First and foremost, the "To Catch a Predator" issues. Not to completely play the devil's advocate here, but let's talk about how sexually advanced our young people are today. Girls are doing things at 13 today, that I was playing with dolls at at that age. Young men sleeping with thier teachers? Come on! That was every high school boy's dream! They aren't victims! We all heard Villi Fulaau talk about how he seduced Mary Kay Letourneau! I think this whole thing needs to be relooked at here. These kids aren't always the victims. A lot of times they know darn well what they are doing, regardless of the consequences. It's only AFTER the fact, and AFTER they get caught that they are "sorry" or that they become victims. And as far as to Catch a Predator goes, forgive me, but I think that what they are doing is legally entitled to entrapment. No child is truly being harmed, touched, or really even being talked to. Now on the other hand, and in my own personal eyes, this is great that they are showing these pervs for who and what they really are. But let's seriously talk about the need to educate our children more about responsibility for thier actions. Sexually and otherwise.

Second, President Bush, and his conflict of interest. Mr. Bush and his family are oil tycoons. They have made MILLIONS in oil, the selling of oil, in oil stock, and so on and so forth. Exxon Mobil just posted that they had 30 BILLION dollars in earnings the last quarter. Well my response to that is, where are Mr. Bush's tax returns? We know damn well that he is making millions off the suffering of others having to pay damn near $3.50 a gallon all summer long while he reaps the benefits. I am more concerned about this than I am about the war in Iraq. This is as much of a dictatorship as a democrasy. In no uncertain circumstances should a country's leader get rich, while the people of his country get poorer and poorer. It's insane. And finally, if Exxon Mobil is making that much profit, there is no reason whatsoever, that gas prices couldn't and SHOULDN'T go back down to $1.00 a gallon. They would still make millions and millions.
                  BUSY running my own credit repair services! Sorry I don't stop in so often any more!

Comment

Originally posted by jetset View Post
                    I'm voting for a straight democratic ticket next week. We definately need change. I'm not saying I like democrats more than republicans, I just feel the republican party is taking us down the wrong road and are fiscally irresponsible.

I really hate thinking that we live in the richest country in the world yet are in tremendous debt. I know the feeling personally (obviously)

As for dubya, I really hate how he takes our tax dollars and gives them to his buddies for contract work. NO-BID CONTRACTS SHOULD BE OUTLAWED IN THIS COUNTRY!

jetset adam from ohio
                    SHERROD BROWN '06, TED STRICKLAND '06
                    I'm betting that a Democrat will be the next president. Luckily, presidents aren't allowed to run for a 3rd term! Even if they could, Bush probably wouldn't get re-elected a third time anyhow. The United States, really needs the leadership of a good Democrat President. Primarily, because all the Republican politicians are all on the same path---the one that's taking the U.S. nowhere. These last six years, have been inarguably been long, rough, and grave for many of us in the U.S. and throughout the world.

Comment

Originally posted by HRx View Post
                      I'm betting that a Democrat will be the next president. Luckily, presidents aren't allowed to run for a 3rd term! Even if they could, Bush probably wouldn't get re-elected a third time anyhow. The United States, really needs the leadership of a good Democrat President. Primarily, because all the Republican politicians are all on the same path---the one that's taking the U.S. nowhere. These last six years, have been inarguably been long, rough, and grave for many of us in the U.S. and throughout the world.
                      Ironically, the problems that lead to Hubby loosing his job a couple of years ago were actually started by Bill Clinton.

Bill and Hillary stumping during the first campaign that Big Bad Pharmaceutical Companies were the crux of all evil and to blame for sky rocketing health care costs in America.

I actually think that W is truly a good person at heart. Just like I thought Jimmy Carter was/is a good man. Just not a great president. Heck I think I coulda orchestrated the Camp David Accords with Anwar Sadat and Menachem Begin.

And both men have their Demons.

Jimmy had skyrocketing inflation. We had friends buy houses at what was and still is astronomically the highest mortgage interest rates of all time.

W has terrorism and Iraq. And legislation under this President has not been the best. I've had to deal with Medicare Plan D with Mom. That's a joke. And going thru BK under the New Law. An even bigger joke!

But I look at the group of would be candidates. The people who choose amongst themselves to lead us and I don't see THE best person for the job.

Personally, I think the best people really don't want the job. And that's sad.

That the best person to be the Leader of the Free World is not willing to step up to the plate, or doesn't have enough money to get noticed/run, or can accomplish more for the common good in the private sector because they don't have deal with "The Beltway Boys".
                      Filed Ch 7 - 09/06
                      Discharged - 12/2006
                      Officially Declared No Asset - 03/2007
                      Closed - 04/2007

I am not an attorney. My comments are based on personal experience and research. Always consult an attorney in your area to address concerns related to your particular situation.

Another good thing about being poor is that when you are seventy your children will not have declared you legally insane in order to gain control of your estate. - Woody Allen...

Comment

Originally posted by SinkingFast View Post
                        Ironically, the problems that lead to Hubby loosing his job a couple of years ago were actually started by Bill Clinton.

Bill and Hillary stumping during the first campaign that Big Bad Pharmaceutical Companies were the crux of all evil and to blame for sky rocketing health care costs in America.

I actually think that W is truly a good person at heart. Just like I thought Jimmy Carter was/is a good man. Just not a great president. Heck I think I coulda orchestrated the Camp David Accords with Anwar Sadat and Menachem Begin.

And both men have their Demons.

Jimmy had skyrocketing inflation. We had friends buy houses at what was and still is astronomically the highest mortgage interest rates of all time.

W has terrorism and Iraq. And legislation under this President has not been the best. I've had to deal with Medicare Plan D with Mom. That's a joke. And going thru BK under the New Law. An even bigger joke!

But I look at the group of would be candidates. The people who choose amongst themselves to lead us and I don't see THE best person for the job.

Personally, I think the best people really don't want the job. And that's sad.

That the best person to be the Leader of the Free World is not willing to step up to the plate, or doesn't have enough money to get noticed/run, or can accomplish more for the common good in the private sector because they don't have deal with "The Beltway Boys".
                        Sorry to learn of your husband's job loss. But evidence does show that the pharmacuetical industry does play a major role towards boosting the cost of healthcare--let's face it, it's a huge money making industry. How many pharm businesses do you hear about going BK, or closing? Hospitals, medical practices close down every day, because of the high cost of running business, and from low reimbursements. And look at how the pharm business is affecting medicare recipients. Heck the cost of medicine has even become to expensive for those who have commericial/private health insurance too. Hence, I think the Clinton adminstration, was intelligent enough to forecast, and to make efforts to address a major problem in healthcare. More importantly, think about it for a moment. Better off lose a job, then ones life over a political war, that's getting us nowhere.

GW Bush is probably the furthest thing from a good man, let alone a good Christian man! This bozo, has engaged the U.S. in Billion+ dollar war, that has no hopes for any sort of forseable end. More importantly, GW Bush's war has also unjustifiably cost the lives of several young American men and woman. It looks as though we're going to have a few good candidates for the '08 election--we're probably not going to have as many candidates as we'd like, because, it's going to take a intelligent, and strong leadership to clean up the mess that GW Bush left behind.

Comment

Actually, Pharma saves patients and insurance companies money.

Think about the cost of blood pressure medication, diuretics, lipids reducing medication, and/or blood thinners/clot busters per day versus the cost of one day's hospital stay for a stroke or heart attack.
                          Filed Ch 7 - 09/06
                          Discharged - 12/2006
                          Officially Declared No Asset - 03/2007
                          Closed - 04/2007

I am not an attorney. My comments are based on personal experience and research. Always consult an attorney in your area to address concerns related to your particular situation.

Another good thing about being poor is that when you are seventy your children will not have declared you legally insane in order to gain control of your estate. - Woody Allen...

Comment

The rising cost of health insurance is another major issue that needs to be addressed sooner than later.

Comment

I can't say if W is a good Christian man or not just like I can't say Bill is one. Although Bill disappointed me by his "shenanigans," I think W has disappointed me even more. I expected better out of him.

Our founding fathers would roll over in their graves!
                              Filed: 2/24/2006
                              341 mtg: 4/4/2006:angel:
                              Discharged: 9/25/08!!!!!:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

Originally posted by jane taylor View Post
                                I can't say if W is a good Christian man or not just like I can't say Bill is one. Although Bill disappointed me by his "shenanigans," I think W has disappointed me even more. I expected better out of him.

Our founding fathers would roll over in their graves!
                                How devout a president is to his/her faith is pretty much irrelevant to me. Because a person doesn't need to be religious, to lead by example, or to do the right thing. I'm mainly concerned about the level/amount of greater good, a president does for those who live in the United States/World.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X