Political Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Runnin on empty View Post

Because his wife is now running for political office. If you want the title, you have to deal with the foibles. It is no different than a football/basketball/baseball/hockey player wanting the big multi-million dollar contract, throngs of adoring fans to buy his jersey, but doesn't want to have to take interviews with reporters or to stay after a game and sign autographs. Can't have it both ways. Yes, I do believe that they should have lives outside of their respective sports, but they knew all this hoopla was involved when they went into it.

And as far as a government official is concerned, yes, it is relevant. If a man is willing to cheat on his wife, what other morals is he willing to compromise? Elliott Spitzer was busted with call-girls, and it is very likely that he used taxpayer money to fund these outings.
    You said the man cheated. I do not see the woman cheating here but you want to say she has no integrity because you did not answer my question about her divorcing or how she is to get her integrity back, in your eyes, not her own eyes.

I understand the rest of what you say. but! Good luck getting her to talk just because you feel she should about her personal marriage. As far as I can see, if she commited no crime she owes you no answer.

I am sure if Spitzers wife wants to run for governer in 10 years, she also is under no obligation to tell anyone how she dealt with it all.
    Still, good luck trying to force them to talk about it

Comment

Spitzer's wife and daughters should fess up about how they dealt with daddy's scandal in a few years too, especially if any of them run for political office. lmao....
      The information provided is not, and should not be considered legal advice. All information provided is only informational and should be verified by a law practioner whenever possible. When confronted with legal issues contact an experienced attorney in your state who specializes in the area of law most directly called into question by your particular situation.

Comment

It definately looks like it will be Obama and Mcain....running for President.
        The information provided is not, and should not be considered legal advice. All information provided is only informational and should be verified by a law practioner whenever possible. When confronted with legal issues contact an experienced attorney in your state who specializes in the area of law most directly called into question by your particular situation.

Comment

God help McCain if he has to talk about his scandalous past and the women. But, in all fairness, either we play by the same rules and allow all the skeletons out of the closet for everyone to see and judge or we ignore these personal transgressions from all candidates and let it be.

I, for one, have no interest in personal issues. I want to know how they will solve this mess in the economy and the war!??!
          Filed!!04/23/2008[X] 341 5/27/2008[X]Converted to asset case 5/26/2008 [X]
          DISCHARGE 08/12/2008[X]
          Converted to NO Asset case 12/15/2008[X]
          Closed 12/16/2008 [X]:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

McCain is without a doubt effed up beyond recognition! lol

Comment

Originally posted by jerzey View Post
              Nice Anti American Rant
              if its so bad leave now
              America is simply a piece of rock. If it came between clinging to pride in a piece of rock or feeding your family, what would you do?

Actually, I voted for Bush (twice), I'm a big fan of the Sean Hannity Show, I supported the war in Iraq (originally), and I've never considered myself to be anti-American at all. What I am seeing, however, is a legacy of greed that is taking the basic means of survival away from a rapidly growing poor population. The inevitable switch from fossil fuels will be good for the country in the long run, but the transition will be harsh, VERY harsh, and after listening to stories of the Great Depression year after year I wouldn't let my daughter go through that when there is another option. Sorry if it sounds Anti-American, but it's the truth.
              Last edited by Pizza; 06-09-2008, 12:58 PM.
              Filed Joint, No Asset, > $100,000 Unsecured Ch.7 6/7/13 ~~ 341 Meeting 7/15/13 ~~ Discharged 9/16/13 !!

Comment

Originally posted by whatamess View Post
                Self preservation is a chief human behavior. Most immigrants here still love the countries of birth but left to better themselves and childrens lives. That doesnt make them any less Indian, Chinese, Russian or whatever. The fact is when the going gets tough, people will do what they must to survive. I dont find Pizzas post Anti American. One can be American and proud, with opinions and ideas other than the status quo for whats considered AMERICAN. What makes America great is VARIETY in all things and the ability to express them.
                Just my thoughts. I dont want to ruffle feathers.
                WAM
                That's what I'm getting at, exactly. I want the best life possible for my daughter, by whatever means necessary. If that means moving to a more stable country and abandoning my homeland, so be it.

And, of course, it's a last resort.
                Filed Joint, No Asset, > $100,000 Unsecured Ch.7 6/7/13 ~~ 341 Meeting 7/15/13 ~~ Discharged 9/16/13 !!

Comment

Originally posted by Pizza View Post
                  America is simply a piece of rock. If it came between clinging to pride in a piece of rock or feeding your family, what would you do?

Actually, I voted for Bush (twice), I'm a big fan of the Sean Hannity Show, I supported the war in Iraq (originally), and I've never considered myself to be anti-American at all. What I am seeing, however, is a legacy of greed that is taking the basic means of survival away from a rapidly growing poor population. The inevitable switch from fossil fuels will be good for the country in the long run, but the transition will be harsh, VERY harsh, and after listening to stories of the Great Depression year after year I wouldn't let my daughter go through that when there is another option. Sorry if it sounds Anti-American, but it's the truth.
                  We wont have another Great Depression anytime soon and we still arent in a real recession either, The ecmony is weak Gas and food is up..(well gas is, In Las Vegas I have seen milk and eggs come down) The housing market will adjust and job will come back and gas will drop down a little we all have to adjust its not the end by any means, its the end when we all run around and yell "ITS OVER RUN TO CANADA"
                  The solution is to support this country not talk down about it
                  Filed Chap 7

Comment

We wont have another Great Depression anytime soon and we still arent in a real recession either, The ecmony is weak Gas and food is up..(well gas is, In Las Vegas I have seen milk and eggs come down) The housing market will adjust and job will come back and gas will drop down a little we all have to adjust its not the end by any means, its the end when we all run around and yell "ITS OVER RUN TO CANADA"
                    The solution is to support this country not talk down about it
                    You're right, because during the Great Depression, prices were VERY cheap, and producers the world over were suffering. What we're experiencing now is a wave of economic instability in THIS country while the economies of other countries are either fairly stable (euro economies) or booming (asian economies). Many, such as yourself, can go ahead and say this isn't 'a real recession', but the reality is that we are feeding the oil-producing countries that hate us while outsourcing our jobs and hiring illegal immigrants in the name of cheap labor, eroding the physical and financial safety of our citizens. Corporations don't care about people, they care about money, which is rapidly losing its value.

No, it's not 'the end', yet, but what does it hurt to be prepared?

Comment

Originally posted by Pizza View Post
                      You're right, because during the Great Depression, prices were VERY cheap, and producers the world over were suffering. What we're experiencing now is a wave of economic instability in THIS country while the economies of other countries are either fairly stable (euro economies) or booming (asian economies). Many, such as yourself, can go ahead and say this isn't 'a real recession', but the reality is that we are feeding the oil-producing countries that hate us while outsourcing our jobs and hiring illegal immigrants in the name of cheap labor, eroding the physical and financial safety of our citizens. Corporations don't care about people, they care about money, which is rapidly losing its value.

No, it's not 'the end', yet, but what does it hurt to be prepared?
                      Its called globalization to them - we feed other countries and outsource jobs to create parity with the rest of the world though it hurts us financially. Letting illegal aliens into the country is just a step toward the NAU North American Union, integration with Mexico and Canada. Then maybe we will have a currency called the Amero or something like that. Just another step towards losing complete soveriegnty.
                      "Paper is poverty,... it is only the ghost of money, and not money itself." --Thomas Jefferson to Edward Carrington, 1788

Comment

Here is a nice tidbit of information that was revealed from the book called "Body of Secrets" written by James Bamford. This book is about the NSA. An agency that doesnt have an operational budget and makes the CIA look like Boy Scouts. The joint chiefs of staff Lemnitzer during the Kennedy administration came up with ideas on how the US could invade Cuba and take out Castro. This became known as Operation Northwood. I am of the people that think this country was complicit in what happened on 9\11. When I tell people this they always respond that our government would never hurt its people as a pretense to invading Iraq and Afganistan. For those naive people who think this is absurd I bring you excerpts of this document. Apparently hijacking planes and blaming it on someone else is not nothing new.......

Operation Northwoods called for a war in which many patriotic Americans and innocent Cubans would die senseless deaths, all to satisfy the egos of twisted generals back in Washington, safe in their taxpayer financed homes and limousines.

One idea seriously considered involved the launch of John Glenn, the first American to orbit the earth. On February 20,1962, Glenn was to lift off from Cape Canaveral, Florida, on his historic journey. The flight was to carry the banner of America's virtues of truth, freedom, and democracy into orbit high over the planet. But Lemnitzer and his Chiefs had a different idea. They proposed to Lansdale that, should the rocket explode and kill Glenn, "the objective is to provide irrevocable proof that . . . the fault lies with the Communists et al Cuba [sic.]"

This would be accomplished, Lemnitzer continued, "by manufacturing various pieces of evidence which would prove electronic interference on the part of the Cubans." Thus, as NASA prepared to send the first American into space, the Joint Chiefs of Staff were preparing to use John Glenn's possible death as a pretext to launch a war.

Glenn lifted into history without mishap, leaving Lemnitzer and the Chiefs to begin devising new plots which they suggested be carried out "within the time frame of the next few months."

Among the actions recommended was "a series of well coordinated incidents to take place in and around" the U.S. Navy base at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba. This included dressing "friendly" Cubans in Cuban military uniforms and then have them "start riots near the main gate of the base. Others would pretend to be saboteurs inside the base. Ammunition would be blown up, fires started, aircraft sabotaged, mortars fired at the base with damage to installations."

The suggested operations grew progressively more outrageous. Another called for an action similar to the infamous incident in February 1898 when an explosion aboard the battleship Maine in Havana harbor killed 266 U.S. sailors. Although the exact cause of the explosion remained undetermined, it sparked the Spanish-American War with Cuba. Incited by the deadly blast, more than one million men volunteered for duty. Lemnitzer and his generals came up with a similar plan. "We could blow up a U.S. ship in Guantanamo Bay and blame Cuba," they proposed; "casualty lists in U.S. newspapers would cause a helpful wave of national indignation."

There seemed no limit to their fanaticism: "We could develop a Communist Cuban terror campaign in the Miami area, in other Florida cities and even in Washington," they wrote. "The terror campaign could be pointed at Cuban refugees seeking haven in the United States.

We could sink a boatload of Cubans en route to Florida (real or simulated). . . . We could foster attempts on lives of Cuban refugees in the United States even to the extent of wounding in instances to be widely publicized."

Bombings were proposed, false arrests, hijackings:

*"Exploding a few plastic bombs in carefully chosen spots, the arrest of Cuban agents and the release of prepared documents substantiating Cuban involvement also would be helpful in projecting the idea of an irresponsible government."

*"Advantage can be taken of the sensitivity of the Dominican [Republic] Air Force to intrusions within their national air space. 'Cuban' B-26 or C-46 type aircraft could make cane burning raids at night. Soviet Bloc incendiaries could be found. This could be coupled with 'Cuban' messages to the Communist underground in the Dominican Republic and 'Cuban' shipments of arms which would be found, or intercepted, on the beach. Use of MiG type aircraft by U.S. pilots could provide additional provocation."

*"Hijacking attempts against civil air and surface craft could appear to continue as harassing measures condoned by the Government of Cuba."

Among the most elaborate schemes was to "create an incident which will demonstrate convincingly that a Cuban aircraft has attacked and shot down a chartered civil airliner en route from the United States to Jamaica, Guatemala, Panama or Venezuela. The destination would be chosen only to cause the flight plan route to cross Cuba. The passengers could be a group of college students off on a holiday or any grouping of persons with a common interest to support chartering a non-scheduled flight."

Lemnitzer and the Joint Chiefs worked out a complex deception:

An aircraft at Elgin AFB would be painted and numbered as an exact duplicate for a civil registered aircraft belonging to a CJA proprietary organization in the Miami area. At a designated time the duplicate would be substituted for the actual civil aircraft and would be loaded with the selected passengers, all boarded under carefully prepared aliases. The actual registered aircraft would be converted to a drone [a remotely controlled unmanned aircraft]. Take off times of the drone aircraft and the actual aircraft will be scheduled to allow a rendezvous south of Florida.

From the rendezvous point the passenger-carrying aircraft will descend to minimum altitude and go directly into an auxiliary field at Elgin AFB where arrangements will have been made to evacuate the passengers and return the aircraft to its original status. The drone aircraft meanwhile will continue to fly the filed flight plan. When over Cuba the drone will be transmitting on the international distress frequency a "May Day" message stating he is under attack by Cuban MiG aircraft. The transmission will be interrupted by destruction of the aircraft, which will be triggered by radio signal. This will allow ICAO [International Civil Aviation Organization radio stations in the Western Hemisphere to tell the U.S. what has happened to the aircraft instead of the U.S. trying to "sell" the incident.

Finally, there was a plan to "make it appear that Communist Cuban MiGs have destroyed a USAF aircraft over international waters in an unprovoked attack." It was a particularly believable operation given the decade of shoot downs that had just taken place. (End)

The 9\11 attacks were the impetus to rally American fervor to invade Iraq and Afghanistan. It was 9\11 that brought about the creation of the Patriot Act that opened the door for Americans to lose their rights and liberites. It was 9\11 that created the birth of a pervasive Dept. Of Homeland Security. The question is, were Americans manipulated into believing the "official" version of what happened to give the government a pretext into getting a foothold in the oil rich areas of the Middle East? You have to ask....who benifitted? Certainly not the Afghans or Taliban or Iraq and Saddam. Hmmm..
                        "Paper is poverty,... it is only the ghost of money, and not money itself." --Thomas Jefferson to Edward Carrington, 1788

Comment

Originally posted by bmrigs View Post
                          Its called globalization to them - we feed other countries and outsource jobs to create parity with the rest of the world though it hurts us financially. Letting illegal aliens into the country is just a step toward the NAU North American Union, integration with Mexico and Canada. Then maybe we will have a currency called the Amero or something like that. Just another step towards losing complete soveriegnty.
                          I totally agree with your post above. The leaders of Mexico, Canada, and US have held meetings to discuss the creation of the North American Union under the rouse of "strengthening" trade agreements" between the three countries..

Comment

Originally posted by Scott50 View Post
                            I totally agree with your post above. The leaders of Mexico, Canada, and US have held meetings to discuss the creation of the North American Union under the rouse of "strengthening" trade agreements" between the three countries..
                            Here is a good clip about what Americans are looking at in the future.

Scenes from the movie Zeitgeist - watch it free:http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/

Comment

I think many Americans feel that it is unpatriotic to question your own govt or to openly criticize it.. what ever happened to the saying "government for the people, by the people, for the people..... "

Comment

Originally posted by Scott50 View Post
                                I think many Americans feel that it is unpatriotic to question your own govt or to openly criticize it.. what ever happened to the saying "government for the people, by the people, for the people..... "
                                correction: government of the people, by the people, for the people...

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X