Video Gaming Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Video Gaming Discussion

Not sure how it is around the rest of the country but we've got people selling their "spaces" yes, just spaces for $2K....and that does not include the PS3! What is up with this? And Xbox360 hasn't even come down in price....
    Filed Oct 2005discharged February 2007,Shapeless in the fire's glow, tell me if you think you know,
    Who it was we were below, where we've been and where we go

What do you mean thier, "spaces"? I know the PS3 is retailing for $599 or $499 depending on the model one HD size, version, one purchases. People will be making a killing reselling these things for the holidays! XB2 prices will start to drop after the PS3, and Wii have been on the market for a few/several months.
    The information provided is not, and should not be considered legal advice. All information provided is only informational and should be verified by a law practioner whenever possible. When confronted with legal issues contact an experienced attorney in your state who specializes in the area of law most directly called into question by your particular situation.

Comment

Originally posted by HRx View Post
      What do you mean thier, "spaces"? I know the PS3 is retailing for $599 or $499 depending on the model one HD size, version, one purchases. People will be making a killing reselling these things for the holidays! XB2 prices will start to drop after the PS3, and Wii have been on the market for a few/several months.
      People who have spots in the front of the line will sell their "spot" in line to someone who is way back in the line for money. Like if I am 3rd in line and you are the 100th person in line, I will sell you my 3rd spot in the line for $1,000.

Stupid, I know. I admit to being an Xbox junkie, but I still don't own the XBOX 360. One, I don't have $400 lying around and two, it takes a good year after launch for the games to really be any good. The games have to get at least into the late 2nd or early 3rd generation to really maximize the system.

Why anyone would stand in line to get the system on day 1 is beyond me.
      Date Filed: 12/19/2004
      341 Meeting: 2/8/2005
      Date Case Confirmed: 7/12/2005
      Closed on Refinance/Chapter 13 Buyout 8/23/06

Comment

Originally posted by Jman30 View Post
        One, I don't have $400 lying around
        That's what credit cards are for!
        The information provided is not, and should not be considered legal advice. All information provided is only informational and should be verified by a law practioner whenever possible. When confronted with legal issues contact an experienced attorney in your state who specializes in the area of law most directly called into question by your particular situation.

Comment

In FL....

Top spots "in line" going for $2K....
          Filed Oct 2005discharged February 2007,Shapeless in the fire's glow, tell me if you think you know,

Comment

That's what credit cards are for!
            That's what got me in trouble the first time! LOL Last thing I need to do only 3 months out of BK is to charge a XBOX360 on a credt card.

I would LOVE, and I mean LOVE, to own it, but I'll wait until I have cash. I should get a bonus at work next month and maybe I will splurge for it. I can also justify it to the wife since our son wants one. "But honey, it's not for me, it's for the boy....it would make him sooooooooo happy...!"

Of course, if anyone wants to charge one to the credit card and mail it to me, let me know and I will send you my address!!!

Comment

They showed the line at the local Best Buy on the nightly news last night. Those kids have brought tents to set up and tarps to protect them from the rain. By the time the doors open for the Store Manager to hand out vouchers for people to purchase, the people will have been in line for 3-4 days.

Last year, Son managed to get a Green XBox 360 on launch day. He immediately turned around and sold it. Son made enough profit to pay for his books for the spring semester of college.
              Filed Ch 7 - 09/06
              Discharged - 12/2006
              Officially Declared No Asset - 03/2007
              Closed - 04/2007

I am not an attorney. My comments are based on personal experience and research. Always consult an attorney in your area to address concerns related to your particular situation.

Another good thing about being poor is that when you are seventy your children will not have declared you legally insane in order to gain control of your estate. - Woody Allen...

Comment

I haven't played on console games since the Nintendo 64...since then any video games have been PC based games.

Unfortunately for the PS-3, it will take it months to ramp-up to start putting up sales numbers like the X-Box 360. Sony has only shipped 400,000 PS3 and they don't have any marquee game title coming to market for the holiday season. And the price, over $600.

However, I might pick it up if it looks like the Blu-ray version of high definition DVD will win out over HD-DVD, and the PS3 does over native high definition game play. But I probably won't buy until next summer.

Comment

I definitely am an XBOX fan. I will be buying the 360 for xmas. I now have a aHD TV and surround sound, so I can't wait to see some of the games in glorious HD!

Comment

I always wonder how all those people get off work to sit in line for days to buy something.

Comment

Originally posted by Grace View Post
                      I always wonder how all those people get off work to sit in line for days to buy something.
                      Quite simply, vacation days. To elaborate, I have a friend who is really big into these new video game systems and he'll save some of his vacation days in order to camp out at the stores. I think he's nuts, but when you want something bad enough, you'll go to great lengths to get it.
                      Bankruptcy History:
                      Chapter 7 filed - 10/12/2005 - Asset
                      Discharged - 02/16/2006
                      Case Closed - 11/08/2007

A banker is a fellow who lends you his umbrella when the sun is shining and wants it back the minute it begins to rain ~ Mark Twain

All suggestions are based on personal experience and research and SHOULD NOT be construed as legal advice as I am NOT an attorney. Always consult with competent counsel in your area with regards to your particular situation.

Comment

I don't see the need to have it on DAY ONE. You can wait a week and pick up the stupid thing at a store with no lines and no hassle.

I know there is the whole "shortage" issue, but really, I can wait a week or even a month until it is stocked in stores again instead of wasting vacation days standing in line!

Comment

Originally posted by Jman30 View Post
                          I don't see the need to have it on DAY ONE. You can wait a week and pick up the stupid thing at a store with no lines and no hassle.

I know there is the whole "shortage" issue, but really, I can wait a week or even a month until it is stocked in stores again instead of wasting vacation days standing in line!

It's such a "created" shortage....now "they're saying" that the original PS1 (certain model #'s) has the best sound around for playing CD's (music)...kinda like a video game, there's always little hidden agendas with them!

I have the original Xbox and am hiding it....I also have nintendo 64 in some special edition yellow/blue, I think it's sesame street or something like that...I have to go home & look in my drawer...

Comment

Hm...I will wait awhile before purchasing the Wii. Last game system we purchased (the game cube) had very few games I would let my family buy. We are really into Legend of Zelda so we are holding out for Twilight Princess. I checked ebay last night and some Wii auctions were for more than $500.00! That's insane!

Comment

My son (11) is totally into these things. He will be waiting along time. I do not have that kind of money and the whole thing is ridiculous. Last year we lived in a neighborhood where there were alot of kids. I asked the mom who lived behind me why I never saw kids out playing, she said cause there inside playing video games. Sad.

On another note, I saw on I think it was Good morning America, there is a new site that adults are playing on. It is called second life. Has anyone seen this? I think it is secondlife.com. Utterly crazy!!!!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X