Video Gaming Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jman30 View Post
    I don't see the need to have it on DAY ONE. You can wait a week and pick up the stupid thing at a store with no lines and no hassle.

I know there is the whole "shortage" issue, but really, I can wait a week or even a month until it is stocked in stores again instead of wasting vacation days standing in line!

I hear you! I remember, wow, was it really ten years ago? When it was the "Elmo" craze....I can't even get out to see a movie "on the first day"...lol......It's just all about creating a need to have...which those of us doing the bk route know...whoa...trouble...stop!
    Filed Oct 2005discharged February 2007,Shapeless in the fire's glow, tell me if you think you know,
    Who it was we were below, where we've been and where we go

Comment

Originally posted by Grace View Post
      I always wonder how all those people get off work to sit in line for days to buy something.
      Most of the people who waited in line last year for the X Box 360 and again this year for the PS 3 are college students. Mainly computer nerds and gaming freaks. They aren't missing work. Just classes.

Last year, Son was working until 10 pm. On a lark, after he clocked out, he went and got in the line. Son was on his own time and not missing classes.

One of the kids in line ahead of Son was the employee of a guy we know. That kid was getting paid $10/hr to wait in line. The company owner wanted an X Box for his son for Christmas. Since he couldn't wait in line himself, he sent one of his "apprentice" employees in his place.

When Son's store ran out of the premium system vouchers, lots of people just packed up and left. The kid left in line ahead of son got the last voucher for a Green X Box. That kid didn't want the Green one so he turned to my son and offered to sell Son his ticket.

They agreed on $50 and son bought the voucher. Son used his employee discount and a bonus discount voucher to pay for the X Box. Then Son immediately sold it for cash to a customer who was in the store after the units had been distributed.

$500+ profit for 2 hours standing in line, a little luck, and a little bargaining. Not too shabby.

Ferengi Rules of Aquistion:

#13 Anything worth doing is worth doing for money.

#9 Opportunity plus instinct equals profit.

#7 Keep your ears open.

#3 Never pay more for an acquisition than you have to.

#1 Once you have their money ... you never give it back.
      Filed Ch 7 - 09/06
      Discharged - 12/2006
      Officially Declared No Asset - 03/2007
      Closed - 04/2007

I am not an attorney. My comments are based on personal experience and research. Always consult an attorney in your area to address concerns related to your particular situation.

Another good thing about being poor is that when you are seventy your children will not have declared you legally insane in order to gain control of your estate. - Woody Allen...

Comment

Originally posted by Kam View Post
        We are really into Legend of Zelda
        I rock at Zelda!!

We have a PS2 too and the kids play Star Wars Legos constantly!
        Filed: 08/09/06
        341: 09/18/06
        Discharged: 11/22/06
        Closed 11/30/06

Comment

Originally posted by debtisbad View Post
          ......Last year we lived in a neighborhood where there were alot of kids. I asked the mom who lived behind me why I never saw kids out playing, she said cause there inside playing video games. Sad.
          Yes, this is sad. There are couple of boys in our neighborhood that are my son's age (8), but he doesn't play with them because those boys are always playing video games. We hardly saw them all summer. I'm grateful my boy is not parked in front of his Game Cube all day long. He's rather be outside playing anyways.
          Bankruptcy History:
          Chapter 7 filed - 10/12/2005 - Asset
          Discharged - 02/16/2006
          Case Closed - 11/08/2007

A banker is a fellow who lends you his umbrella when the sun is shining and wants it back the minute it begins to rain ~ Mark Twain

All suggestions are based on personal experience and research and SHOULD NOT be construed as legal advice as I am NOT an attorney. Always consult with competent counsel in your area with regards to your particular situation.

Comment

Originally posted by HHM View Post
            Sony has only shipped 400,000 PS3 and they don't have any marquee game title coming to market for the holiday season. And the price, over $600.

But I probably won't buy until next summer.
            Actually, that 400k is for all of North America. The US is expected to see as little as 150k-200k units. So there are going to be a lot of disappointed people who camped out for nothing.

That's probably about when they will be widely available, given the production issues Sony has had. I just wish they hadn't put a blurry (Blu-Ray) drive in it, this will give false numbers to the film studios that support the format, possibly keeping them from supporting HD DVD, which, IMHO, is a superior technology and is more affordable.

I don't know what is worse, the fact that there are people who will sit in line for days on end to sell a PS3 at insane pricing, or the fact that there are those that would validate said action by paying the "ransom".
            Filed Ch 7: 12/27/07
            341: 2/6/08
            Discharged: 4/11/08
            Finally closing: ???

Comment

Originally posted by miss puff View Post
              I rock at Zelda!!

We have a PS2 too and the kids play Star Wars Legos constantly!
              I used to play original zelda...oh my god...my 8 year old is into the Legos stuff! My 10 year old has been playing since he was 2...started with the steering wheel on the "need for speed" 1st game...

They will probably both have arthritis of the thumbs at a premature age...
              Filed Oct 2005discharged February 2007,Shapeless in the fire's glow, tell me if you think you know,

Comment

My daughter wants a PS2 for Christmas. Yes, I meant to say PS2. We both hold the opinion that it will be cheaper to buy the "outdated" model plus the games will go down in price and we'll be able to find a lot of used games for a good price.
                Filed Ch. 7 - 11/30/06; 341 meeting 1/10/07; Discharged 3/19/07
                TU: 535

Comment

Originally posted by AMISLANDER View Post

They will probably both have arthritis of the thumbs at a premature age...
                  LOL-may the force be with you
                  Filed: 08/09/06
                  341: 09/18/06
                  Discharged: 11/22/06
                  Closed 11/30/06

Comment

The PS2 is a very old console...but does have an excellent game inventory, and is dirt cheap. Have you guys looked into the price of the xb360, or even the Nintendo Wii? You can get them discounted if you buy a used one. It'd be a shame to purchase a PS2, to save your hard earned money. To only turn around and buy one of the newer consoles a few months later.
                    The information provided is not, and should not be considered legal advice. All information provided is only informational and should be verified by a law practioner whenever possible. When confronted with legal issues contact an experienced attorney in your state who specializes in the area of law most directly called into question by your particular situation.

Comment

I'm sure you all heard by now...

....about the Walmart incident & the hold up in line....

I believe it was up in MA where someone in line got held up, wouldn't conceed and got shot...

At a Walmart, a manager put 10 chairs out, not anywhere near where the line was, yelled 1,2,3 go! and one of the people ran smack headfirst into a lightpole.....

Totally absurd...maybe the man w/head injury can sue Sony as well as Walmart?

Comment

The silly things people do.....
                        The information provided is not, and should not be considered legal advice. All information provided is only informational and should be verified by a law practioner whenever possible. When confronted with legal issues contact an experienced attorney in your state who specializes in the area of law most directly called into question by your particular situation.

Comment

Originally posted by AMISLANDER View Post
                          ....about the Walmart incident & the hold up in line....I believe it was up in MA where someone in line got held up, wouldn't conceed and got shot...
                          The incident actually occured in CT, but the victim(s) were taken to a hospital in Worcester, MA.

Comment

This all sounds like the day after Thanksgiving Sales - when women fight each other other stuff thats marked down and on sale!!!!!!!

I'm a bargain hunter, look for sales, and buy cheap if I can on clothing, etc..... but I don't have to beat myself up, or get killed in the process......

I'm a patient soul, I can wait a little longer than most do.......

Funny world, huh....................
                            Minny

"It's amazing the paths that our feet sometimes follow in life".

My suggestions are from "personal experience" and research only. Do not consider this as legal advice. Each bankruptcy case is different.

Comment

Originally posted by Minnymouth View Post
                              This all sounds like the day after Thanksgiving Sales - when women fight each other other stuff thats marked down and on sale!!!!!!!

I'm a bargain hunter, look for sales, and buy cheap if I can on clothing, etc..... but I don't have to beat myself up, or get killed in the process......

I'm a patient soul, I can wait a little longer than most do.......

Funny world, huh....................
                              Quite frankly...I don't see what the big deal about scoring a PS3 on its release date is! lol

The PS3 games are supposed to look phenomenal on a plasma tv.

Comment

Originally posted by HRx View Post
                                Quite frankly...I don't see what the big deal about scoring a PS3 on its release date is! lol

The PS3 games are supposed to look phenomenal on a plasma tv.
                                The Sony big screen plasma looks phenominal enough showing the tropical drink sweating in Hawaii!....but as far as having it on the release date, no every child your child plays with is going to want to play yours too, and just imagine the tug of wars & boxes crashing..no thank you.....I have to be a bit sarcastic on this "big ticket" item and say, thank god my xhusband makes a great big paycheck, 'cause he will be buying for my sons!
                                I will not....

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X