No announcement yet.

Video Gaming Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man, I am so NOT a gamer so this is the first time I've looked at this thread.

I wish I had, though: I would have HAPPILY been first in line for some other eager consumer for $2k.
    Nolo Press book on filing Chapter 7, there are others too. (I have no affiliation with Nolo Press; just a happy customer.) Best wishes to you!

Comment

Originally posted by AMISLANDER View Post
      My 11 year old also received Guitar hero III...see I have no clue that it's used on wii too?!
      There are versions of Guitar Hero III for different console systems.
      Chapter 13 Filed "Old Law"
      Filed: 6/2003 Confirmed: 3/2004
      Early pay off sent: 10/05/2007 - 9 months early
      11/16/2007 - Discharged!

Comment

I am really curious, when we file bk, we don't have disposable income, at least for Ch 7 filers. Where are you all getting this money to buy these expensive games????
        Did you all have some kind of increased income or something?

I just don't get it... still scratching my head on this.
        "Did you ever feel like your guardian angel went out for a smoke?"
        Filed 9/4/07
        341 10/11/07 Concluded no asset 10/17/07
        Final Date for objections 12/10/07

Comment

Originally posted by ohwell View Post
          I am really curious, when we file bk, we don't have disposable income, at least for Ch 7 filers. Where are you all getting this money to buy these expensive games????

Since I filed in 2003 I have worked to increase my income. I do have a Bachelor of Science in Computer Science and I am a computer programmer. In the last year I managed to get a pay increase of nearly 70% - which puts me in a lot of money. The market for computer programmers has finally started to turn around and I have done projects on my own time that showcases my skills. This has allowed me to go from a junior level position this year at one job to a senior level position at my current place of employment - hence the salary increase. Through out my chapter 13, however, I have stayed within a budget and have never bought anything I didn't have more than enough money for.

This is why it is so crucial for people who file bankruptcy to do their best to increase their income for a "successful" bankruptcy and a good fresh start.
          11/16/2007 - Discharged!

Comment

We don't have that opportunity to increase income for I am not putting my infant daughter in daycare for a few extra bucks a month, so we will be on a very strict budget for a few years until she is in school and I can work again. We are living within our means, and our schedule I/J so to speak is staying the same for quite some time. Extravagant toys are not a priority for our family, quality time with my baby is

Just curious on how people make it work to get those toys, its not our reality, not now anyways.

Sorry to stray from the topic at hand. Figured it was a change in income somehow that made it work. I will be selling stuff on ebay for those fun things when need be.
            "Did you ever feel like your guardian angel went out for a smoke?"
            Filed 9/4/07
            341 10/11/07 Concluded no asset 10/17/07
            Final Date for objections 12/10/07

Comment

Extravagant toys are not a priority for our family, quality time with my baby is
              I hear ya! I haven't had *any* "exttravagant toys" until this year. And I filed in 2003.
              11/16/2007 - Discharged!

Comment

I traded in/sold quite a bit of my vast collection of games (some dating back to well over 15 years ago) in order to pick up the Wii for the family and Rock Band for myself.

All of my gaming stuff was purchased pre-BK-realization (aside from the trade-in stuff), and I always paid for it in cash, kept it separate from everything else. I hope that the trustee doesn't want to come in and take them, my games are one of the things that have kept me sane during this crazy time.

Well, that and I don't think our children should suffer because we made poor choices. We've always been pretty good about letting the kids know the value of a dollar, and they know the sacrifices that I've had to make in order to get what I want (trading in almost all of my games for Rock Band). Santa brought the Wii, good thing I was able to trade in all those old games, or else the tree would have been pretty bare.
                Filed Ch 7: 12/27/07
                341: 2/6/08
                Discharged: 4/11/08
                Finally closing: ???

Comment

Originally posted by Runnin on empty View Post
                  I traded in/sold quite a bit of my vast collection of games (some dating back to well over 15 years ago) in order to pick up the Wii for the family and Rock Band for myself.
                  How do you like Rock Band? What system did you get it for? I know it's not available for the Wii. I am greatly disapointed! We may pick up Rock Band if it comes out for the Wii.
                  11/16/2007 - Discharged!

Comment

Well, we haven't bought any games in a while. But when we bought he x-box 360 we used my husband's vacation check. He gets it once a year (but doesn't take vacation). They take one dollar for every hour he works and then in the beginning of June he gets the check. Also, though, we weren't married when I filed so I filed by myself. He also takes scrap copper from jobs he's done and recycles it. (price of copper is high right now)

Comment

I don't have disposable income, per se. Xhusband is an anesthesiologist & my sons live in AZ with him because they're allergic to the Florida mold.
                      Filed Oct 2005discharged February 2007,Shapeless in the fire's glow, tell me if you think you know,
                      Who it was we were below, where we've been and where we go

Comment

Originally posted by chpxiii View Post
                        How do you like Rock Band? What system did you get it for? I know it's not available for the Wii. I am greatly disapointed! We may pick up Rock Band if it comes out for the Wii.
                        I got it for the 360. It's pretty fun, but a little tough because I don't really have anyone to play with. My kids are too young, and with the exception of a few songs (Bon Jovi ), the wife really doesn't want to play either. Unfortunately, I don't see them releasing it for the Wii, but I have been known to be wrong on occasion.

Comment

Originally posted by Runnin on empty View Post
                          I got it for the 360. It's pretty fun, but a little tough because I don't really have anyone to play with. My kids are too young, and with the exception of a few songs (Bon Jovi ), the wife really doesn't want to play either. Unfortunately, I don't see them releasing it for the Wii, but I have been known to be wrong on occasion.
                          What a bummer your wife doesn't play! It's SO MUCH fun! Can't you play it solo tho'? I saw some dude at a Best Buy playing with the floor model on solo play using the drums.

I heard a rumour from someone who heard a rumour (lol! You know how to take this one, with a grain of salt ) that the next version of Rock Band will be released for the Wii and it will have a keyboard with it.

Let's hope! *crosses fingers*
                          11/16/2007 - Discharged!

Comment

Originally posted by chpxiii View Post
                            What a bummer your wife doesn't play! It's SO MUCH fun! Can't you play it solo tho'? I saw some dude at a Best Buy playing with the floor model on solo play using the drums.

I heard a rumour from someone who heard a rumour (lol! You know how to take this one, with a grain of salt ) that the next version of Rock Band will be released for the Wii and it will have a keyboard with it.

Let's hope! *crosses fingers*
                            She plays the Wii, which I am very grateful for. You can play Rockband solo, but it really isn't a whole lot of fun. The drums is really the only instrument you can play solo and always be busy.

It's certainly possible. From what I understand GH3 has been sold out all over the place, so maybe Harmonix might want to take the chance and release RB on the Wii.

Comment

I like to play games but can't afford a PS3 right now. Do you want to tell me that people sold their spot in a line for $2k??? I wouldn't pay 2k just to play 30 minutes earlier.
                              I don't care how poor a man is; if he has family, he's rich.

Comment

2k for a spot in line, can't believe it either.
                                Anyone can give up, it's the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that's true strength.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X