Has anyone else noticed this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone else noticed this?

I remember way back when I had my creedit cards before that bills were only bills.

Meaning:
    When you got your bill that's all there was... You bill. Not marketing and advertisements.

Normally, I just open my bills and throw all the inserts and return envelops away (I pay all my bills online). Today I got my Orchard Bank my bill, ans Oh my god I really looked at what was inside! Here's what I found

People PC online
    Sprint
    A special advertisement for a Wal-Mart gift card

While this might not seem like alot, it just seems weird that the same things are stuffed into my bills every month.
    My credit scores:
    Before Filing: Tr 496, Ex 496, Eq 507

Today: Tr 618 (+122), Ex 601 (+105), Eq 623 (+116)

Until I filed, I was in good standing with all my credit card companies. What I noticed was that as I closed each account because I wouldn't accept their "new terms", they stopped putting in the inserts. The ones that were still active would stuff the envelopes full, but not the closed accounts.

So maybe Nascarfan, you are getting back on good terms with yours.
    I used to have a life, now I have grandkids.

Comment

It's like they put in as much stuff as the postage will allow for weight.

I'd bet all the ads make the mailing of the bill almost, if not totally, free for the Creditor.
      Filed Ch 7 - 09/06
      Discharged - 12/2006
      Officially Declared No Asset - 03/2007
      Closed - 04/2007

I am not an attorney. My comments are based on personal experience and research. Always consult an attorney in your area to address concerns related to your particular situation.

Another good thing about being poor is that when you are seventy your children will not have declared you legally insane in order to gain control of your estate. - Woody Allen...

Comment

I don't mind throwing away all the crap they send you, but what really pisses me off is when they have to try to sell you some kind of credit protection every time you call and you have to tell them no 3 or 4 times just to finish what you called for to begin with.

Comment

I think it is annoying. It is such a waste of paper.

Comment

Junk Mail

My Dad use to put all the junk mail in the "prepaid envelopes" and stuff it as much as he could and send it back to them ! Afterall THEIR the ones paying for it, that's one way to add to their expenses ! My Dad is 87yrs old !

CMIYC
            July 2006: Filed Ch13 :blink:
            Oct 2006: Converted to Ch7 :clapping:
            Jan 2007: DISCHARGED :clapping:
            Nov 2007: CLOSED :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

Haha!

Catch me, a friend of mine and I do that all the time. Its just plain old spiteful fun.
              I send various cards other card offers, check ads to hooked on phonics...
              I HATE JUNKMAIL!!!!
              I opted out of credit card offers three times and still get them from every bank known.
              What I hate even more is when you buy a DVD and the whole first ten minutes are previews. Some of the childrens ones wont let you bypass anymore!
              Then I have to deal withy my three year old whining abou it for five to ten minutes. I bought a anime film that has previews so long my seven year old fell alseep once when I didnt bypass the previews and this one even has commentary like all Hayao Miyazake films doo..UGH!!!
              WAM
              ch7 8/07 CLOSED: 11/07 Rebuilding and saving.
              WAMU unsecured $2,000 Capital One unsecured $500
              PAID OFF MONTHLY!!!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X