Eeeek!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eeeek!

....A mouse. No wait, It's a whole freakin' colony living here. I thought we got rid of them, but they have came back in full force. I hear them throwing parties under my sink. They have a squeak fest down there sometimes. Every now and then I hear them in the walls. Like they have little mousey ladders or something. How the heck they get in the middle of my wall??? They seem to be getting more and more brave. I see them come out away from the walls and get my dog's food, then run under the dishwasher. So, not only am I budgeting for my household, I have to keep up with feeding the mice now, too. l

You know, we caught tons of mice on traps. It doesn't work as well as that Decon stuff, but I almost lost my former dog to the decon. Cost me 1200 dollars to save her. I want that stuff nowhere near my house with my children here. (It causes internal hemoraging (sp?))

So, I guess I will try to deal and cut down on them (with snap traps) as much as possible until we move.

Sorry if you read this. LOL It's late and I'm bored.

UGH!!! I mean that, we had an infestation a few years ago. Like you, we had the wall parties where we could hear them crawling up and down....I have no idea how. We went to the shelter and got a cat. He would try to eat the walls, and the mice moved out. Sadly though, mr. kitty had to move out to my sisters when my daughter developed asthma and scary allergies where her eyes swelled shut one day and she could not breath! We had to throw out carpets and cutrains even to get rid of the dander. Now she is allergic to animal hair and we cant have a cat. The cat did the trick with the mice. Ive had ferrets to, and they eat mice as well.
    I hate decon/warfarin as well. We lost a dog to it!! My neighbors put it out for squirrels and rats (not that we ever saw a rat...jerks) My dog ate it and died 24 hours later. She could not be saved. They deny it was them to this day despite I SAW them with it. I highly suggest that as your very LAST option. Try some more traps, or even ask a pal to borrow a cat maybe?
    Good luck..I hope they dont move in here again....ICK!
    WAM
    ch7 8/07 CLOSED: 11/07 Rebuilding and saving.
    WAMU unsecured $2,000 Capital One unsecured $500
    PAID OFF MONTHLY!!!

Comment

If there is an issue with cat allergies you could also try a dog.
      We had a rat terrier and well, there's a reason they have that name. He was great at catching mice. When we lived in a house with mice we had a cat and a dog. The dog was way better at getting the animals than the cat. Unfortunatelly, he had way to much energy for us and went to live on my uncles farm where he can keep the mice out of the grain and chase rabits all day long.
      Filed: 10/26/2006
      Discharged: 03/05/2007
      Closed: 5/19/2008 - Asset case due to balance transfer and income tax refund

Comment

Originally posted by JollyGG View Post
        If there is an issue with cat allergies you could also try a dog.
        We had a rat terrier and well, there's a reason they have that name. He was great at catching mice. When we lived in a house with mice we had a cat and a dog. The dog was way better at getting the animals than the cat. Unfortunatelly, he had way to much energy for us and went to live on my uncles farm where he can keep the mice out of the grain and chase rabits all day long.
        We have a miniature pinscher. He constantly is barking at the walls, the ceilings, the sink, etc. He use to go crazy. He actually has caught 2 baby mice in the past. But it's few and far between. I don't know if he is just getting old or what but now he will just lay where he is and bark. LOL

:sniff, sniff: It's almost as if he accepts that they have defeated him.

Comment

I've heard that gray tabbies are genetically the best mousers. I have a gray cat and no mice - maybe I could start an "environmentally friendly and chemical free mouse removal business" lol
          Filed Chapter 7 pro se- 7/24/07
          341 Meeting - 9/13/07 Done!
          Last day for objections - 11/12/07
          Discharged!!!! -11/26/07

Comment

Oh gosh I just noticed this thread!

We had a mouse problem in our house several years ago and I went on the internet and googled till I was crazy, trying to figure out an answer.

Well I read that mice get IN your house SOMEHOW. So if you look outside your house for any and all holes that make your home accessible, plug them up with VERY FINE steel wool, which you can purchase at any hardware store. The hint I read said this hurts their little feetsies. (I am not kidding! )

This REALLY works, I swear. We went outside and found a few openings which I guess led up to our attic, where we had trapped some prior to this....they were just making their home up there! Ick! The scratching on our walls was driving us crazy.

The steel wool really did the trick, we have had NO mice problem since then.

Oh forgot this little detail: we looked under our kitchen cabinets and found very small openings, I guess which came from our garage. We plugged them up too...as we had seen a mouse or two run across the kitchen floor.

I would swear by this method.
            Filed Ch. 7 June 14, 2007
            341 Meeting July 19, 2007
            Discharged September 17, 2007
            Closed September 17, 2007

Comment

Watch out for the one that rides the motorcycle. His name is Ralph S. Mouse. lol

Sorry, couldn't resist that one, it was one of my favorite books as a kid.
              I used to have a life, now I have grandkids.

Comment

When I plant bulbs in the fall I wrap them in steel wool and it keeps the rodents from eating them.

Comment

I remember the steel wool trick from when I was a kid. We lived in a Bronx apartment house and there were mice around. My dad would plug the holes with steel wool, I never saw a mouse in our apartment. The mice can't chew through the steel wool.
                  Filed Chapter 7 pro se 09/28/07
                  341 on 10/25/07-no asset case
                  341 held, awaiting discharge

Comment

Yep - steel wool is the best defense I've ever known of...... they sure don't like it...

I've tried Great Stuff, chaulking (they chew thru it) and all kinds of stuff.

Another thing I have found good is the electronic plug-ins that put off a high frequency they don't like....

I bought one years ago when I bought my house, plugged it in and "no mice"........... they couldn't get out fast enough. But eventually they do loose their strength and you have to replace them....

My aunt (now getting really old) swears by "feed them at the fence and they won't come to the house"............ she puts out all her scraps by the back fence and strange - I've never seen or heard of a mouse in her house.

But I like steel wool better than anything...... animal safe!!!!
                    Minny

"It's amazing the paths that our feet sometimes follow in life".

My suggestions are from "personal experience" and research only. Do not consider this as legal advice. Each bankruptcy case is different.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X