Has anyone ever delievered newspapers??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone ever delievered newspapers??

I use to do it, and the money was okay at an extra $1000 a month. You had to minus gas, & wear/tear. Now with gas prices I wonder if anyone can make any money. I loved it because I was out at 3am & home by 7am with my kids and mother and hubby to go to work. I use to see all sorts of oddities too, like recovering drunks at 3am coffee breaks at 7-11, deer and possum standing in the road, (hey I live in Jersey....I know some of you have this daily) even owls hunting. Ive been trying for months to get a new route but they are hard to come by now, who would have thought??? They were a dime a dozen before. I really want the Christmas money!!!! My children really want a Wii. Its hard to find little extra job with a nasty bad back and need to be a care taker.
    You know, they say that my generation will be one of the first to be taking care of both our children and both sets of parents and this will lead to a financial mess.
    WAM
    WAM
    Last edited by whatamess; 10-09-2007, 09:00 AM. Reason: clarity
    ch7 8/07 CLOSED: 11/07 Rebuilding and saving.
    WAMU unsecured $2,000 Capital One unsecured $500
    PAID OFF MONTHLY!!!

Originally posted by whatamess View Post
    You know, they say that my generation will be one of the first to be taking care of both our children and both sets of parents and this will lead to a financial mess.
    WAM
    WAM
    Been there done that, took care of 4 generations at once; mother, self, daughters and grandchildren. And yes, it ruined me financially.
    I used to have a life, now I have grandkids.

Comment

That is such a shame Granny. I know another huge social issue these days is grandmoms taking on grandchildren. Weve got them right next door, poor souls had to declare BR I'm sure due in part to the fact they have four or five grandchildren plus a single dad stuffed in a three bedroom house. I have to wonder at times what goes through the modern moms mind. They are either over involved or not involved at all in a growing amount of cases. In steps grandmom, at a time of her life where she ought to be slowing down and playing cards over tea with friends.

I am hoping a paper route opens up so my kids have something nice under the tree this year. Plus I would like to invest in a few CD's and start a savings account after discharge.
      WAM
      ch7 8/07 CLOSED: 11/07 Rebuilding and saving.
      WAMU unsecured $2,000 Capital One unsecured $500
      PAID OFF MONTHLY!!!

Comment

Plus I would like to invest in a few CD's and start a savings account after discharge.
        WAM
        Now that I'll have some money freed up, I'm learning about investing as well.
        Chapter 13 Filed "Old Law"
        Filed: 6/2003 Confirmed: 3/2004
        Early pay off sent: 10/05/2007 - 9 months early
        11/16/2007 - Discharged!

Comment

Well, solution to all of these future problems of our modern society ==>> Stay single, never married, or all to be nuns/priest ... well at least until... another Dinosaur-Earth extinction (God forbid) comes!!.. j/k

Comment

I have to wonder at times what goes through the modern moms mind. They are either over involved or not involved at all in a growing amount of cases. In steps grandmom, at a time of her life where she ought to be slowing down and playing cards over tea with friends.

I am hoping a paper route opens up so my kids have something nice under the tree this year. Plus I would like to invest in a few CD's and start a savings account after discharge.
            WAM
            In our case, it was drugs and alcohol that led my daughter to giving up her kids. She's clean and sober now, but it's too late for her to get her kids back. We adopted them and they are staying right where they are at. Now it's just us, the grandkids and the good daughter. The wild child is living in the big city to the east and well.....existing, but sober.

I once saw a link for data entry that could be done at home, are you interested in that? I could find it and send you the link in a PM.
            I used to have a life, now I have grandkids.

Comment

Hey WAM,

I am having the same problem too. I have been calling for 2 months now to get a route. I have responded directly to the help wanted ad for routes in my area and still nothing. They pay between 200-400 a week here so the extra money would be real nice. I will keep calling in hopes I bug them enough to give me a job! Things must be bad if it's difficult to get a paper route.

Comment

I had a route with the Miami News and the Herald. You did your own billing back then and collections. Labor intensive but the money was good. The Herald route was up to 575 papers, seven days. My dad owned the Herald route for several years. I threw it it and walked it.
                The News route was about 110 papers (I was 13). I did it again in the late 80's, hourly pay plus a pittance for miles, quit after one month. Different crowd in Miami by then, wasn't even the same hodgepodge of upper and lower class folks making ends meet, no fun going to work, no cohesion like the old days.

It puts one heck of a strain on your automobile and is physically demanding if you have high rises as I did. I really don't recommend it unless you are young. Better money than Walmart hopefully.
                Last edited by robivi3; 10-11-2007, 04:35 AM.
                "You once asked me for advice. You want some now? Never pass up a good thing." Lieutenant Jean Rasczak, Starship Troopers

Join the Mobile Infantry and save the world. Service guarantees citizenship.

Comment

just got in from my route here in Pittsburgh, i get paid 450 per week, i deliver 400 weekday papers in 2 stops, and anywhere from 900-1700 for weekend, great money, work about 7 hours a week, been doing since last December
                  60 Month "Old Law"
                  Filed 10/4/2004
                  Confirmed 1/2005
                  Discharged 9/8/2009

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X