wonderful morning (ugh!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wonderful morning (ugh!)

I was woken this morning by the wonderful (sarcasm here) sound of my son's little whiny cry. Thinking that he probably wet the bed again, I got up. Not two minutes later and he was puking all over my bed. I told him he needed to go to the bathroom if he felt sick. So, he goes in the bathroom. I walk in and find that he is sitting on the toilet and throwing up all over his clothes. Poor kid. I wonder if he thought that I meant if he went potty, it would help?

Anyway, after about a half hour of throwing up, he comes out saying his belly feels better. Then, awhile after that, he comes over and crawl onto my lap. Pukes on me. Ugh.

I hate when my children get sick. There's really nothing I can do for them. And the whole time he is begging me for soda. I give him a TINY bit because I know he will just throw up anything he eats or drinks.
    o
    Right now he is sleeping on the couch. At least he isn't getting sick in his sleep. My poor baby boy.

Heather,

There's a nasty stomach virus going around. Hubby was sick for 5 days and ended up at the dr. for anti-biotics. Yes I know anti-biotics don't help a virus, but that's what the dr. ordered. She said it is helping with this particular stomach virus. She also put him on a liquid diet.

Good luck with your little one.

BTW, the dr said this one is HIGHLY contagious, so be careful.
    I used to have a life, now I have grandkids.

Comment

Mine always puke on me as well. They start feeling lousy and crawl into my lap for comfort.
      I end up putting us both in the tub or shower several times a day when one of them is sick.
      My four year old just finally got the hang of going into the bathroom to get sick but he still wants me to hold him.
      I give mine flat 7-up when they are sick. It's what my mom gave me. Even if he only pukes it back up that's okay. Mabey some will make it in and keep him from getting dehydrated. Plus dry heaves suck. I'd rather puke up liquids. Water is garanteed to come back up but watered down gatoraide or flat 7-up sometimes stays down.
      Filed: 10/26/2006
      Discharged: 03/05/2007
      Closed: 5/19/2008 - Asset case due to balance transfer and income tax refund

Comment

The old folks used gingerale and/or 7-up. Some got their kids to eat saltines too.

Sad when the little ones are so sick. Expecially when they start the throwing-up bit. They just want someone to hold them and love on them........ (Hmmmmmmmm, that sounds familar....... kinda like when someone has had toooo much of the Wild Turkey too)......lol

But seriously, our little ones feel bad, want to be cuddled, and they want their mommy or sometimes daddy.

And now with the meds being pulled off the market, what's safe to give your child??? Your almost afraid to give them anything!

Years ago, kids with fevers, got washed down in cool water and really high fevers, got packed with ice bags.... (my baby brother spend a lot of time in ice bathes - he got high fevers and went into convultions).

Many times simple things like a cool clothe on the forehead, 7-up to sip on, chicken noodle soup, and a nice warm blanket, and momma right there is the best cure-all around.

My mom always said it was the chicken washing his dirty feet in the soup kettle that made me well. And you know something - I really believed her!! That bowl of chicken soup always made me feel better - and still does!

Take good care of the wee ones...............they need us.

Sometimes the old remedies seem so simple......and safe......
        Minny

"It's amazing the paths that our feet sometimes follow in life".

My suggestions are from "personal experience" and research only. Do not consider this as legal advice. Each bankruptcy case is different.

Comment

My 10 year old was sick as a dog yesterday. She woke up at 5:30 throwing up. She couldn't even hold water down. I sent her to the bathroom and she threw up all over the floor. When I asked her why she hadnt thrown up in the toilet, she said she had diarhea. So she had it from both ends. I wound up getting her a garbage can for her to throw up in, so she wouldn't have to run to the bathroom and get it all over the carpet. Today she is feeling better. emandmeagsmom

Comment

I remember when our kids were little, the Doctor suggested the BRAT diet.

Bananas, Rice, Applesauce, and Toast. Plenty of clear liquids.

And you're right. There's not much to do for them. Bless their hearts.

Just be extra, special careful to sanitize really well to protect yourself. We've learned that "bugs" given to adults by kids tend to be particularly virulent. Harder on us than on the kids.
            Filed Ch 7 - 09/06
            Discharged - 12/2006
            Officially Declared No Asset - 03/2007
            Closed - 04/2007

I am not an attorney. My comments are based on personal experience and research. Always consult an attorney in your area to address concerns related to your particular situation.

Another good thing about being poor is that when you are seventy your children will not have declared you legally insane in order to gain control of your estate. - Woody Allen...

Comment

Hmmm, wondering if I had the stomach virus. The previous night I was so hungry at work. A coworker shared the rest of her chinese food with me: shrimp and fried rice, and the generals chicken, I ate that about 6pm or so. Later on I got hungry again and had a Bacon Burger and Onion rings from Wendys about Midnight. Than I dove into some icecream about 2am or so! Meanwhile I had a twinkie, 2 miniture snicker bars, a can of coke all in between. I left work at 5am and got home at 6am, went to sleep. 9am my stomach was just hurting. Sure enough I spent a good half hour in the bathroom with a bad case of diarrhea and vomiting at the same time and sweating up a storm! But after all that I felt fine. Could it have been food poisoning? I thought when one gets food poisoning it almost affects the system within a couple of hours? Anyways, I'm fine now.

Catchmeifyoucan
              July 2006: Filed Ch13 :blink:
              Oct 2006: Converted to Ch7 :clapping:
              Jan 2007: DISCHARGED :clapping:
              Nov 2007: CLOSED :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

Originally posted by SinkingFast View Post
                Just be extra, special careful to sanitize really well to protect yourself. We've learned that "bugs" given to adults by kids tend to be particularly virulent. Harder on us than on the kids.
                So true.
                It seems that a bug that effects one of my kids for a few hours, puts me out for days.
                Filed: 10/26/2006
                Discharged: 03/05/2007
                Closed: 5/19/2008 - Asset case due to balance transfer and income tax refund

Comment

Originally posted by CATCHMEIFYOUCAN View Post
                  Hmmm, wondering if I had the stomach virus. The previous night I was so hungry at work. A coworker shared the rest of her chinese food with me: shrimp and fried rice, and the generals chicken, I ate that about 6pm or so. Later on I got hungry again and had a Bacon Burger and Onion rings from Wendys about Midnight. Than I dove into some icecream about 2am or so! Meanwhile I had a twinkie, 2 miniture snicker bars, a can of coke all in between. I left work at 5am and got home at 6am, went to sleep. 9am my stomach was just hurting. Sure enough I spent a good half hour in the bathroom with a bad case of diarrhea and vomiting at the same time and sweating up a storm! But after all that I felt fine. Could it have been food poisoning? I thought when one gets food poisoning it almost affects the system within a couple of hours? Anyways, I'm fine now.

Catchmeifyoucan
                  That is hilarious! No wonder your belly was hurting. S&T

Comment

Originally posted by HeatherB View Post
                    I was woken this morning by the wonderful (sarcasm here) sound of my son's little whiny cry. Thinking that he probably wet the bed again, I got up. Not two minutes later and he was puking all over my bed. I told him he needed to go to the bathroom if he felt sick. So, he goes in the bathroom. I walk in and find that he is sitting on the toilet and throwing up all over his clothes. Poor kid. I wonder if he thought that I meant if he went potty, it would help?

Anyway, after about a half hour of throwing up, he comes out saying his belly feels better. Then, awhile after that, he comes over and crawl onto my lap. Pukes on me. Ugh.

I hate when my children get sick. There's really nothing I can do for them. And the whole time he is begging me for soda. I give him a TINY bit because I know he will just throw up anything he eats or drinks.
                    o
                    Right now he is sleeping on the couch. At least he isn't getting sick in his sleep. My poor baby boy.
                    Watered down gatorade is also good to replace lost electrolytes. S&T

Comment

Catchmeifyoucan

After reading your post, my tummy hurts!!!!
                      sigpicPersevere: "To continue a course of action, in spite of difficulty, opposition or discouragement."

Chapter 13: Discharged 03/15/2010. Closed 05/19/2010::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

Could it have been food poisoning? I thought when one gets food poisoning it almost affects the system within a couple of hours? Anyways, I'm fine now.Catchmeifyoucan
                        Food poisoning can take more than a couple of hours to show up. Hubby had it really bad once that didn't start until about 12 hours after we ate. He was on the sitting on the potty and puking in the tub every 15 minutes for 4 hours. I finally made him a pallet on the floor next to the bathroom door so he could just crawl in to the bathroom. The danger with food poisoning is dehydration because the vomiting and diarrhea can go on for hours. Of course, the same thing can happen with a stomach virus.

Glad to here that whatever you had, it didn't last long.
                        I used to have a life, now I have grandkids.

Comment

Catchmeifyoucan
                          Wow, I am like that too. Right before I get a stomach virus I get ravenously hungry and eat the house, later to be like WHYYYY did I do that. Food poisoning usually comes right away, with hours and last longer. I have had it while in Asia and let me tell you, in the end I lost 9lbs!!! I still cant eat shrimp really. My husband and children got it from a Chinese buffet before and was sick for two days. Same thing, seafood.
                          WAM
                          ch7 8/07 CLOSED: 11/07 Rebuilding and saving.
                          WAMU unsecured $2,000 Capital One unsecured $500
                          PAID OFF MONTHLY!!!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X