Sprint - Got Out of Contract - No Early Term Fee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sprint - Got Out of Contract - No Early Term Fee

I got out of my contract today without having to pay an early termination fee because they made changes to their contract. (plus they were too expensive!)

for anyone else interested - see this link

A friend of mine told me about it. I decided to go with t-mobile instead. Got two razors for free and chose the 5 favorites plan.
    Filed Chapter 7 Pro-Se May 29, 2008
    341 July 1, 2008
    Discharged September 4, 2008
    Closed November 10, 2008 :-)

Originally posted by danaf View Post
    I got out of my contract today without having to pay an early termination fee because they made changes to their contract. (plus they were too expensive!)

for anyone else interested - see this link

A friend of mine told me about it. I decided to go with t-mobile instead. Got two razors for free and chose the 5 favorites plan.
    I wish I could get out of my contract with t-mobile.

Comment

For anyone looking for a cheap plan (assuming you're not one of those people whose cell phone is the only reason for living), you might try Virgin Mobile. I only pay 20 dollars every three months. The price per minute is steep if you use your cell a lot but I only use mine for emergencies or out of necessity and the minutes roll over. I have about 250.00 surplus right now...hmmm, wonder if that could be considered an asset Wish I could liquidate it!

EP
      California Bankruptcy Central

Comment

cool info. The t-mobile plan I went with is cheaper than the Sprint plan I had. My issue was also coverage. I live in a big city but travel often to a mountainass region and my research showed that the cheaper services did not have full coverage where I needed it.
        341 July 1, 2008

Comment

I'm reviving this cause guess what? After the back and forth with Sprint, the emails, and the woman agreeing that I wouldn't have to pay the cancellation fee - these idiots sent me a bill for the cancellation fees.

Well guess what? I'm not even bothering to call these idiots back to get it corrected. They will just be included in my bk. See ya!
          341 July 1, 2008

Comment

Originally posted by danaf View Post
            I'm reviving this cause guess what? After the back and forth with Sprint, the emails, and the woman agreeing that I wouldn't have to pay the cancellation fee - these idiots sent me a bill for the cancellation fees.

Well guess what? I'm not even bothering to call these idiots back to get it corrected. They will just be included in my bk. See ya!

but you could have had Nextel radio. Sprint is high but I like it for the radio feature & have a few contacts that way.

The best prices I found out there was US Cellular or Centenial with more minutes for your buck. Everyone else is about the same.

Comment

Included in bankruptcy or not, good luck getting Sprint to do their job. Those morons are still billing me after several phone calls and the notices from the BK court telling them we had filed.

I HATE sprint, every time we've had them it's been nothing but trouble. We bought 2 $15 Motorola w/ 300 minutes on each at Wally world and minutes are only $.10/min. This is good enough for me.
              Sarah H Owosso, MI
              WE DID IT!! PRO SE
              Filed 7/30/07 341 meeting 9/20/07 60 DAY CLUB 11/19/07!!! :yahoo::yahoo:
              DISCHARGED!!! 11-26-07:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo: CLOSED 12-06-07 :yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

A couple of months ago we had to get rid of my son's cell phone (long story). At any rate, I knew I was going to have to eat the early termination fee, but was prepared to shut it off anyhow.
                I was quite surprised when I called Unicel customer service, and she explained to me that if I could find someone willing to take over the remainder of the contract, we could go to any Unicel kiosk, and they would simply need to sign a financial responsibility sheet, and take over the remaining contract. My friend's boyfriend was looking for a plan for his daughter, so we met at the mall, he signed the form, I handed him the phone, and that was that.
                Saved me the $200+
                Not sure if other carriers will do this or not, but it might not hurt to check into it, for those who need to get rid of their phones.

K
                You can't have your cake and eat it too. But you can dip your finger in the bowl and lick the icing

Comment

I think sprint would do that but I'm not going through the hassles. They changed the terms of the contract and therefore legally, they haven't got a leg to stand on. It is just easier for me to include them in bk.
                  341 July 1, 2008

Comment

Oh definitely, I agree. They changed the terms, so that's their loss.

Your post just made me think of how I got out of my son's contract, and I thought it might help others out.
                    You can't have your cake and eat it too. But you can dip your finger in the bowl and lick the icing

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X