Any Computer Experts Around?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any Computer Experts Around?

Does anyone know how to put a password on linksys? I have the main one set up to my desktop and then I have a wireless on my laptop.
    Filed Chapter 7 Pro-Se May 29, 2008
    341 July 1, 2008
    Discharged September 4, 2008
    Closed November 10, 2008 :-)

Open up your web browser and enter the following IP number

That is the default IP address for a linksys. That should connect you with the options for your router/switch.

Note, it may prompt you for a UN and PW. if its an older router, you leave the UN blank, and enter <admin> as the PW. If that doesn't work, enter <admin> for both the UN and PW. If that doesn't work, find reset button on the router, hold it down for 30 seconds, and then try the UN and PW combinations previously mentioned. The reset button reverts the router to factory settings.
    Last edited by HHM; 02-18-2008, 09:13 AM.

Comment

Ditto HHM.

You may also find the linksys.com website to be very helpful, as I have in the past. If you put in your model number in the support section, it will take you to excellent help and how-to pages that are specific to your router. It'll even tell you where on your router to find the serial number if you don't already know, but it's usually a sticker on the underside. I was always impressed with Linksys support, which is why I have always bought Linksys. Good luck!!!
      Nolo Press book on filing Chapter 7, there are others too. (I have no affiliation with Nolo Press; just a happy customer.) Best wishes to you!

Comment

A google on this can show you a walk through step by step process. That's how we set ours up, and it was up and running within 20 minutes!
        BUSY running my own credit repair services! Sorry I don't stop in so often any more!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X