Denied opening a bank account?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Denied opening a bank account?

One of my friends (xbf) went to open a bank account with BOA and was DENIED last week! I heard some people talking about this on the radio so it was ironic, when he told me about it the other day.

He hadn't filed a tax return since 1999, defaulted on a few of our bills that happened to be in his name, but has no cc cards...BOA must have pulled a credit check and those defaulted bills obviously now will haunt him.

Is this now the latest thing, getting denied a checking/savings account due to bad credit, mabye even bk?
    Filed Oct 2005discharged February 2007,Shapeless in the fire's glow, tell me if you think you know,
    Who it was we were below, where we've been and where we go

Banks are getting tighter and tighter with their rules and regulations... Right now its very hard to even get a loan with a bank without miles of red tape involved.
    I saw where BOA had took a big hit in its loss of profits and having to write off "big bucks" because of the housing foreclosures.
    I'm sure the banks would consider anyone that has bad credit as a "risk" to do business with even if it is just a checking/savings account.

Times are going to get any better over a lot of things right now it looks like.

Next thing will be "food shortages" and people hording food.

Bad economy right now and not looking bright at the end of the tunnel either.
    Minny

"It's amazing the paths that our feet sometimes follow in life".

My suggestions are from "personal experience" and research only. Do not consider this as legal advice. Each bankruptcy case is different.

Comment

Could be that he is in the Chexsystems - the s..tlist of check bouncers, overdrafters.

Comment

No one should do business with BofA, anyway. They are the most evil, customer-unfriendly, unreasonable bank there is.
        <<I am NOT an attorney, my comments are anecdotal only. Contact an attorney for advice>>
        FINALLY DISCHARGED 92 DAYS AFTER THE 341! A NEW START!!!

Comment

Originally posted by PaKettle View Post
          No one should do business with BofA, anyway. They are the most evil, customer-unfriendly, unreasonable bank there is.
          Pa, tell me how you really feel.....
          Filed Ch 7 2/21/08
          Discharged 6/5/08!!!!

"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole."~ Roger Caras

Comment

Pakettle I agree with you 100% Last week my sister who banks with them wrote me a check so I took it there to cash it... now get this it was for 45.00 and they wanted to charge me 5.00 just to cash the damn thing ! I took it back and went to my bank to cash it ! They just rape people with their fees. I don't know why anyone would choose to bank with them.

Comment

i have a bofa account
              filed chapter 7 6-20-07 :blink:341 7-23-07, presumption of abuse :cry:7-24-07, motion to dismiss :aggress:8-24-07, notice of with drawl motion to dismiss 9-13-07:yahoo:Discharged 11-23-07:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

Originally posted by AMISLANDER View Post

Is this now the latest thing, getting denied a checking/savings account due to bad credit, mabye even bk?

I can recall certain banks who have always been that way & very picky about who they do business with and you did not even have to do anything like BK or have a bad credit score... even when I went to get my first checking account as a teenager, there were banks who did not give checking/savings to just anyone.

but here is a real kicker...State Farm Bank (who also has insurance) is making moves to dump all the little people with smaller homes & those who have made any type of small claim. I read the letter yesterday whom State Farm sent it to my friend. My friend wrote them back & told them they are being discriminatory & are looking for law suits

well duh, all these huge companies are getting that way.

Comment

Originally posted by sunshine mary View Post
                  Pakettle I agree with you 100% Last week my sister who banks with them wrote me a check so I took it there to cash it... now get this it was for 45.00 and they wanted to charge me 5.00 just to cash the damn thing ! I took it back and went to my bank to cash it ! They just rape people with their fees. I don't know why anyone would choose to bank with them.
                  Several years ago the City/County of San Francisco dumped B of A as they, the bank, imposed a $5 charge on employees of the city/county who wanted to cash their paychecks at B Of A, but had either no bank account at all, or with another bank. That hurt them BIG TIME

Comment

I doubt it hut BofA that much because most people have acess to direct deposit for their paychecks. Anyway, if a firm is large enough and banks with BofA, then the firm can make an agreement with the bank to not charge for cashing their payroll checks.

Large banks serve thier purpose, ie. lots of locations and atms to choose from, but if you don't like their business practices, there are plenty of local choices to bank with.
                    Filed Chapter 13 05/23/08
                    Converted to Chapter 7 Jan 2012
                    Discharged April 2012

Comment

I've been with BOA since 1991....with my bk from 2005, who would take me? At least I didn't get dropped....so totally confused my botox is hurting (lol)
                      Filed Oct 2005discharged February 2007,Shapeless in the fire's glow, tell me if you think you know,

Comment

Originally posted by PaKettle View Post
                        Please explain. We have been with them for 2 years with our checking and have never had any problems.
                        Filed 4-21-2008
                        7/16- DISCHARGED!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by sunshine mary View Post

I have never had a fee. And my mom cashes the rent check I write her there every month (she is not a customer) and they have never charged her anything. I am confused.
                          Filed 4-21-2008
                          7/16- DISCHARGED!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by sisterfunkhaus View Post
                            I have never had a fee. And my mom cashes the rent check I write her there every month (she is not a customer) and they have never charged her anything. I am confused.
                            If your mom cashes a rent check of yours (at BOA) & she's not a BOA customer, she is getting charged....

Comment

we don't like them either. we are with WaMu as of 5 days ago, and the tee-hee is, they were part of my chap 7, eventhough the debt was 9 years old.
                              1/18/2008 Filed CH7DISCHARGED & CLOSED 4/30/08
                              Orchard Bank Premier Cash Back $300 credit line 5/7/08

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X