Board Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Board Question

How do you highlight what someone else says?....when you want to put in your response.

I've been on this board for a while and all I've used is quotation marks. I think it's about time I learn how to do this the right way.
    Filed Chapter 7 Pro-Se May 29, 2008
    341 July 1, 2008
    Discharged September 4, 2008
    Closed November 10, 2008 :-)

Originally posted by danaf View Post
    How do you highlight what someone else says?....when you want to put in your response.

I've been on this board for a while and all I've used is quotation marks. I think it's about time I learn how to do this the right way.
    Do you mean this, or are you talking about something else.

or

Comment

yes- the first
      Filed Chapter 7 Pro-Se May 29, 2008
      341 July 1, 2008
      Discharged September 4, 2008
      Closed November 10, 2008 :-)

Comment

To do the first one, just hit the quote button located in the bottom right hand corner of their post (the box will appear) and type your response after it. It took me a while also.
        Filed Chapter 7 (Primarily Business Expenses) 04/10/2008 FICO 468 :cry:
        341 on 05/06/08:unsure:House appraisal on day 63:blink: 07/10/2008 Discharged-Asset Case!!!:yahoo:08/09 Transu 559, Equifax 636, Experian 647
        Case Closed 07/15/2009 :D:yahoo:

Comment

I wish we could highlight just part of a post and hit quote instead of having to delete stuff we don't want quoted. Or is there a way to do this that I am not aware of?

ep
          California Bankruptcy Central

Comment

Originally posted by epiphany View Post
            I wish we could highlight just part of a post and hit quote instead of having to delete stuff we don't want quoted. Or is there a way to do this that I am not aware of?

ep
            Nope...you will have to edit content out of the quote.
            The information provided is not, and should not be considered legal advice. All information provided is only informational and should be verified by a law practioner whenever possible. When confronted with legal issues contact an experienced attorney in your state who specializes in the area of law most directly called into question by your particular situation.

Comment

Quote:
              Originally Posted by epiphany

ep

Nope...you will have to edit content out of the quote.
              You can copy and paste only what you want from the old message to your new message, then highlight it in the new message box and use the Wrap Quotes Icon at the top of the message box, like I just did twice above.

You do need to be in the advanced editing mode to see the quote icon.
              Last edited by WhatMoney; 05-05-2008, 02:31 PM.
              “When fascism comes to America, it’ll be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross” — Sinclair Lewis

Comment

You can copy and paste only what you want from the old message to your new message, then highlight it in the new message box and use the Wrap Quotes Icon
                Ah! Worked like a charm...Thank you! That's been irritating me for awhile!

ep
                California Bankruptcy Central

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X