Cable Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JRScott View Post
    Haven't owned a TV in 8 years. I do watch it sometimes at work during graveyard. For entertainment I just play a computer game, for news I browse news sites, etc.

JR you're amazing. I wish I could do that. I wish I could give up TV. We currently we are with Dish. We have a package that runs us about $62 a month and I hate it. During the summer we barely watch TV. It's those cold winter nights that go on forever that kills us. We just don't have much to do without TV. Yes awful I know. I read alot, but DH doesn't. He can't do without TV. Maybe I couldn't either. Anyway good for you!
    Filed Chapter 7 June 4 ~ 341 July 20 ~Last day of objections Sept 18~Discharged/Closed Sept 21

Comment

Originally posted by justplaintired View Post
      JR you're amazing. I wish I could do that. I wish I could give up TV. We currently we are with Dish. We have a package that runs us about $62 a month and I hate it. During the summer we barely watch TV. It's those cold winter nights that go on forever that kills us. We just don't have much to do without TV. Yes awful I know. I read alot, but DH doesn't. He can't do without TV. Maybe I couldn't either. Anyway good for you!
      Im gonna eventually give up the tv, dont really watch it but my kids like it. I would rather read and chat with all you nice folks
      "Paper is poverty,... it is only the ghost of money, and not money itself." --Thomas Jefferson to Edward Carrington, 1788

Comment

Thanks EVERYONE for the replies.

Hub, that was a very informative post, thank you.

I called to pay my bill last week and to downgrade the cable, letting them know that I didn't want the box. Well, now I will get exactly what I want for about 20 dollars cheaper but it irks me that I have called them at least three other times over the last couple years (every time the price has gone up) and was told that it wasn't possible.

Perhaps they didn't realize that I didn't want the box, I never said it before 'cause I had no clue that I didn't need it for my purposes. But I did tell them what I wanted and it was never even suggested to me I could go cheaper if I lost the box.

They were either running bull or were just complete morons, as most of the people that work for that company are. It's a tough call. I will spare you from my other HORROR stories.

What, OTA may be something to definitely take a look when they get more channels. I like 2-80 and that's what I have right now for a little cheaper but am definitely going to be looking at some satellite companies.

Pa, you hit the nail on the head I think: They don't like to tell you about it! It really sucks that Charter has no competition in my neighborhood. I tried to get Time Warner a while back and was told it was not available.

Anyway, I am no longer "stealing" cable! I wonder if they'll bill me for the days it was supposedly out. Yeah prolly they will.

ep
        California Bankruptcy Central

Comment

Mediacom did this recently to us for lack of payment. They shut off your digital receiver not your cable. They can disable the digital box from their computer system evidently. In order to actually disconnect your cable they have to come out to your house and disconnect it from the pole. This is where you end up with the disconnect and reconnect fees.

Comment

booo cable! Yay Ricky! http://www.stupidvideos.com/video/ju...e_Nuts/#174720

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X